Change in body composition

Options
vinegar_husbands
vinegar_husbands Posts: 1,499 Member
Has anyone noticed a significant change in their body composition and/or how their clothes fit after starting LCHF? I seem to have lost about an inch everywhere off of my body (and one extra off my waist). Other than the initial loss of water weight, I haven't lost a single pound and I've had a few higher carb days to confirm this. I guess this could be related to water retention, but I'm not sure. I tend to retain water like crazy in my feet and calves.

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Could be less water less inflammation less fat, probably a combo of all 3. I noticed a good reduction in cellulite back in the beginning which was awesome.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    If muscle is added whilst loosing fat, you could be shanging shape but not weight on scale.
  • jaketwin123
    jaketwin123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    great i was gonna ask simlilar

ive lost 1&1/2 stone in 6-7 weeks and deffo gone down a dress size,so im really pleased so far but what i dont understand and you hear on here that somebody has lost inches but no weight,i dont get how that works
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a significant change in body composition as well. For the past two or so months, the scale hasn't budged but my clothes are way looser and I went down a size in jeans. I do lift weights so I definitely think I am building more muscle!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing muscle definition that I've never seen before without any regular exercise! I've read of the muscle sparing effects of LCHF, now I'm seeing it too! Less fat between skin and muscle is awesome!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of ecercise. :( I am horribly inconsistent when I try something new, it lasts a couple weeks, if that! It's sad. Lol
    Anyway, I had a long stretch where I felt like I wasn't making progress even though I was on plan all the time. I knew that it was a matter of time and that I was close to goal do I knew things would be slower. And since I really wasn't willing to push myself with exercise, I knew things would be extra slow.
    Then I did a progress photo update and was surprised how much my body had changed with only 4 pounds lost and no exercise.
    r68sn66cs9xd.jpeg

Things are happening even if the scale doesn't seem to show it.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I haven't measured myself at all (but I just ordered a tape measure on Amazon). I have been doing LCHF since the end of February (I messed up twice being out of town travelling and making poor food decisions). All in all I have lost 17 pounds, I know I lost a lot of water and not all of it was fat. Yes I have noticed a change in how my clothes fit. I have to do far less jiggles and body contortions in order to get into my jeans and I've run out of belt holes (because I can't pull the belt any tighter to hold my pants up because they have become about a size too big). Also unfortunately think my boobs have shrank lol. All of my bras are looser (or it could be because they are cheap and have lost their form and I need new ones).
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    For those of us with 100lbs or more to shed there is a TON of body recomposition that MUST happen. Impatience, or anything that makes me discouraged is an enemy that must be fought as much as a burglar in your home.

Patience is your friend!