Can you take a look at my nutrition for today and tell me if its good, average or bad?

Treysar
Treysar Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
tcqsqinvfl40.png
My feeling is average. How do my goals look? Im not going for aggressive loss. I only need to lose 10 pounds and I'm not in any rush. I'm starving and only have 100 calories left. Thanks, PMS! It's hard to gauge a "good day" when things are all so new.
That being said, I made a delicious dressing today out of sour cream, blue cheese crumbles, heavy cream and mustard. I could have drank it!

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    I think you're stressing too much over some idea of the perfect food day. Was your food tasty? Did it meet your goals? Did you eat when you were hungry and stop when satisfied? If the answer is yes, it was a good day.

Also, if still hungry, either eat something, or if you are determined not to (I will generally ignore mild hunger, it's okay to be hungry) try drinking something hot. I love black coffee, brewed tea (the tazo passion tea is a favorite of mine) or a cup of broth.
  • Treysar
    Mealsfkuxw4u5xwyr.png
    lbtc7h0p0c16.png
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Out of curiosity, do you scramble your eggs with no fat?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Out of curiosity, do you scramble your eggs with no fat?

I was wondering the same.

I agree with @nicsflyingcircus advice to eat if you're hungry, but it's ok to push through also if you can.
    I also have used a hot drink (I prefer coffee) to help curb an untimely hunger or squash a craving for that matter. Seems to work pretty well. Try some broth, you might be simply needing some sodium. I see you're sodium looks pretty good, but it can vary from person to person and say by day. Also by how much water you're drinking... Just a possibility.
    I always seem to feel a bit hungrier with TOM too. I think it's pretty normal and I usually just choose to eat something. There will be another day when I'm not very hungry and calories are lower that will even things out. So I don't stress the calories as long as there are also less hungry days in there too.
  • Treysar
    Wow good point about the eggs! I use olive oil spray,a generous amount. I need to track that!! Oh btw, it's infused with chipotle, so it's tummy and flavorful! I recommend infused olive oils!
  • Treysar
    I think you're stressing too much over some idea of the perfect food day. Was your food tasty? Did it meet your goals? Did you eat when you were hungry and stop when satisfied? If the answer is yes, it was a good day.

Also, if still hungry, either eat something, or if you are determined not to (I will generally ignore mild hunger, it's okay to be hungry) try drinking something hot. I love black coffee, brewed tea (the tazo passion tea is a favorite of mine) or a cup of broth.

I think I'm still in "too good to be true" mode. I want to make sure my goals look right. It's still so new to me that there could be a major error and I would miss it. Like, do the goals look ok? Is that a good choice for percentages?
  • Treysar
    Or the sodium, I tend to go way over. Is that safe?
  • Treysar
    edited April 2016
    Do I look like I'm doing the right things to be in ketosis?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Looks great to me
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited April 2016
    Treysar wrote: »
    Do I look like I'm doing the right things to be in ketosis?

If you are aiming for ketosis and are new to it, you want to lower your carbs to 20 (gross not net) or below and have all of those come from full-fat dairy (cheese, heavy whipping cream, etc), eggs and above ground vegetables (lettuces, spinach, cabbage , Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc..) in moderation . those avocados you are eating are good too. The carbs are mostly fiber, lots of good fat there. Avoid grains and sugars.

That will ensure ketosis. Once you've been at that level at least 2 weeks you can slowly increase carbs (of the same sort above) and still stay in ketosis, though what level of carbs will let you stay in can vary.
  • auntstephie321
    You will be in ketosis at the levels you are at currently. The 20 g level is designed to deplete glycogen stores fast and start burning fat. As well as push you through keto flu quicker. Many say you won't get keto flu at all if you keep your sodium high enough, but for some people it will happen regardless and cause unnecessary suffering. It isn't necessary to go that low to be in ketosis.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Wow good point about the eggs! I use olive oil spray,a generous amount. I need to track that!! Oh btw, it's infused with chipotle, so it's tummy and flavorful! I recommend infused olive oils!

I would love to know how to count the calories in olive oil spray??
  • Treysar
    I have no idea. I guess it equals a teaspoon? It's hard to be exact. It's a small amount but I have eyeballed things and been totally off.
  • Treysar
    Uh oh. What is net vs gross? I better google that ASAP. What am I using now, net or gross?
  • auntstephie321
    You could put the pan on your food scale then tare it and spray however much you use. Or put the bottle on the scale tare it then spray the pan and put the bottle back in. The negative amount will be how much you used. Though if it were me I wouldn't be too worried about it. I dont log that kind of stuff. Though if I weren't losing weight I'd tighten that stuff up.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Uh oh. What is net vs gross? I better google that ASAP. What am I using now, net or gross?

On your example you have 41g gross carbs. If you subtract the 16g of fiber then you have 25g net carbs.
    Nothing changes except you did some math. :smile:
    Everyone has preferred method of counting. It's just how you count it.