Thursday - 4/21

Options
Weights4me
Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
Perhaps the confusion for some FitShizzle members is that they didn’t start on day 1 with the rest of us? So I’m naming today by the date, and you can check in regardless the number day you’re at! It’s all good! No excuses!

I like to get in at least one HIIT (high intensity interval training) per week. It keeps my fat levels down (although not eating crap would do that as well, but sometimes the class is easier to accomplish).

High intensity meaning that I’m keeping my heart-rate up within a certain zone for a certain amount of time during the work-out, causing EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption).

My class lasted 62 minutes and I stayed in that zone for 20 minutes (the goal is to stay in that zone for 13 minutes or more), and burned 571 calories. I’m DONE for the day.

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I love HIIT. It's a great way to push you past plateaus. One thing I would advise people to do is learn what your max HR is so you can plot out zones appropriately. A rough estimate is 220- your age but this is a really generic result, and will vary greatly depending upon your fitness level.

As you become more (or less) fit, you should retest and reconfigure your zones. Many apps do this now. I like Digifit's tests the best, but there are certainly others out there.

That said, today I did another Breaking Point workout (shoulders today), followed by ab and pushup finishers.

My macros are on point, and I'm very close to my goal weight. Have a great day everyone!

pwv9gwyypwsx.png
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Weight:190 lbs even

My workout today was p90x chest, shoulders and triceps. Boy was it ruff. I worked out until my arms failed . I about fell on my face a few times or dropped a weight on the ground a few times. The cooldown stretch my arms were shaking so bad it made me laugh.

Only can do one more week and then my wife will be having our second child. Life will change then and I'll move to insanity max 30 and p90x3 to try and do recomposition.

We will see how that goes.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It's been an insanely busy week and my eating habits has suckered. Still doing my work outs. Cleaning up my act today as I feel sluggish from this carb overload.
  • fontes830
    fontes830 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    dxujmipmwunc.png

Still on p90x :)
    Weight is 122. Not much difference.
    Happy to be on track with exercise and diet.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fitshizzle Faithful -

My efforts for yesterday...intense work to resume either Sunday or Monday:jhzikx2iww4n.png
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm under 190 for the first time in almost 15 years!8jvrpyqbrtzy.jpeg
  • fontes830
    fontes830 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @Dana_E excellent job!!!
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!