Day 16- Whole 30 Dying Off????

Options
shuki_cotren
shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
So obviously I'm not perfect and the Whole30 says it is only 30 days it is not as hard as beating cancer...but I still couldn't stick with everything perfectly. However, like I have been saying. I am NOT starting over. Why make myself feel like what I have accomplished is a big waste? That is my take on it any way. I am not doing the Whole30 looking for reasons for stomach aches or bad intestinal stuff going on. I don't have those issues. I don't have bad allergies. I don't have any symptoms at all I am trying to eliminate. So forgive me if my Whole30 is going a little out-of-bounds at times.

Yesterday's Day 16 Meals:

Meal 1: 2 hardboiled eggs, a banana, and some seeds
Meal 2: Culver's Grilled Chicken Salad (They didn't remove the cheese and I ate it anyway) with their raspberry vinegarette dressing. No crutons
Meal 3: Was having a BUMMER day. Stressful week at work, and it was all of a sudden the cloudiest, gray day ever after having like a week of sunshine. That isn't an excuse but I picked up an endangered species 88% dark chocolate bar and ate about half of it on my way home from work. Also picked up a Kind Bar (one without peanuts- I think the only nut it had was almonds, and very little sugar/honey).
Meal 4: Spiced prepared Frozen Veggies with Cooked Ground Beef mixed in.

Although I may be getting worse and worse with following the Whole30 rules over my 30 days, I am going to remain accountable for my food choices by posting in this group. It doesn't matter if no one reads it- I am doing it for myself. If I stop posting here, it will feel like my Whole 30 really is dying off and that will essentially be the end of it and I'd run out and get a donut LOL. If I stick with this all 30 days maybe I will feel changed somehow and not want to eat that donut afterall. :)

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Appreciate your honesty. that is exactly what happened with my Whole30. I kept track on calendar and determined so far in April I missed the boat 6 days. Not so good....but...the other 16 so far I followed well. It still is about changing habits and I feel like I could sustain this type of eating long term. My guts do feel better! Keep on keeping on!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with keeping it real! I haven't been 100%, but overall, I've been doing pretty good! My issue was being super strict and setting unrealistic goals within the Whole30 program, like not allowing myself nuts, or a piece of fruit. Now I eat them with no worries. I just stopped getting in my own way, now I'm less stressed over it.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!!! I appreciate the support! :)