Rewarding yourself

Options
nicolemarie999
nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
Haven't lost any weight lately but feel I am looking more toned. So i went clothes shopping today for summer to reward myslef for working out consistently. Bought shorts, tanks and bathing suits and felt neither suicidal or homicidal in the fitting rooms. That's progress ;)

How does everyone else reward themselves for sticking to their workouts or losing weight? Anyone else treating themselves to new clothes?

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Phew, I thought this was going to be a thread about using food as a reward! I'm glad you didn't do that! Enjoy your new digs.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    With the amount of weight I've lost, I've done a LOT of shopping in the past 6 months. Yesterday I picked up a cute top and a pair of capris (size 14 - started this journey in size 24). Victory for me is that yes, I acknowledge my leg fat is the last to go, but I still feel I look rockin' in my new clothes! I've bought dresses! Haven't had those for years.

Do I reward myself? You bet! I really want diamonds and Coach handbags but I'm sufficing with new clothes LOL

Nicole, well done and congrats!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had a clear set goal to lose the weight and then keep it off for 3 - 4 months. That time frame happened to be my birthday month.

I took all my old clothes to Goodwill and did a giant bing shopping. I spent an *kitten* load to totally replace my wardrobe, but it makes my closet look very clean and organized.

Otherwise my rewards are Beer or Desert.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I bought new workout clothes when I hit Onederland. I have quite a way to go before I reach my goal, so my rewards will largely be thrift store excursions as my clothes get insufferably baggy.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Shoes are my vice...love new kicks!
  • Weights4me
    Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    (I think it's a hoot that MFP puts *kitten* in for foul language). I don't buy or eat anything for rewards. The weight loss and different appearance is enough for me!
  • Weights4me
    Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    And MFP is cutting off my entire responses again. KITTEN app!!!