Help me poop please

Options

Replies

• FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Two words-- Brussels Sprouts.

I eat 4-8 brussel sprouts every day.. sorry, makes no difference to pooping, but avocado does...
    I east the brussel srpouts because they are great for balancing the 3 sub groups of estrogen...and I like them.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    aeb09 wrote: »
    aeb09 wrote: »

Interesting. Well, I'd still try to mix things up, maybe put IF on hold, cut out dairy, or up the fat to 65 or 70% for a while. Never hurts to try new things, I think. It's all about experimenting to find what works best, and as your body changes, different things might work at different stages.

... Oddly, when I was eating dairy I shat easily and often- probably more to do with dairy intolerance and upset intestines... but odd that after I gave up dairy completely I got much more constipated:) We are all so different heh..
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    DIATOMACEOUS EARTH!!!! (Food grade!) that's important. It's AMAZING!!
    It has helped me tremendously I wish everyone would learn about it!
    http://youtu.be/3x55jNuCIbo
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Yupuuptu (African Laxtail)

LAX:
    Stir (don't shake):
    • 5 tbsp. espresso concentrate
    • 5 tbsp. magnesium citrate
    • 5 tbsp. cod liver oil
    • 5 tbsp. Singer sewing machine oil
    Add:
    • 5 tbsp. psyllium
    • 5 oz. aged sauerkraut
    • 5 oz. Flaming Redeye Ultra Hot brand hot sauce
    Blend until "smooth"

TAIL:
    Add:
    • 1-2 tbsp. Coors Lite (adjust to taste)
    Sit on toilet with bidet installed.
    Sip.
    Wait.
    :/:D:s:o:)B)
    Rinse.
    (Repeat last 2 steps, if nature insists.)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I have to be very careful with olive oil.
    It cuts thru me like a knife.

>:) or o:)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    dietbepsi wrote: »
    DIATOMACEOUS EARTH!!!! (Food grade!) that's important. It's AMAZING!!
    It has helped me tremendously I wish everyone would learn about it!
    http://youtu.be/3x55jNuCIbo

@dietbepsi How far away from other supplements do you have to take this in order not to leech supplements out along with toxins?
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well i'm definitely not an expert, I just take mine in the morning and I take my supplements at night.
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options

It may sound ridiculous but I have the opposite problem. I tried LCHF previously and got terrible diarrhea. I stopped the diet because I couldn't leave the house, or cough, or sneeze, etc. But then I decided to try it again thinking that I may have just been eating the wrong things. And again, here I sit, dreading running to the bathroom for the 10th time today (no exaggeration). Please tell me this eventually goes away. I have been drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and try to include low carb veggies each day. I'm pooping my guts out and I'm miserable. Any advice is appreciated.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    MrsSpitser wrote: »
    It may sound ridiculous but I have the opposite problem. I tried LCHF previously and got terrible diarrhea. I stopped the diet because I couldn't leave the house, or cough, or sneeze, etc. But then I decided to try it again thinking that I may have just been eating the wrong things. And again, here I sit, dreading running to the bathroom for the 10th time today (no exaggeration). Please tell me this eventually goes away. I have been drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and try to include low carb veggies each day. I'm pooping my guts out and I'm miserable. Any advice is appreciated.

Maybe cut back on fats?
    Are you drinking 8 glasses of water like its a goal or is that just how you drink based on thirst?
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, it was all gut biome related
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, it was all gut biome related

@wanderinjack Please tell us what testing you did to confirm this, and how you treated it! Thanks in advance.
  • KetoTheKingdom
    KetoTheKingdom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Homemade fermented foods

What do you make?
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Easy and hard ones and everything inbetween. I have two friends that had problems with constipation, so we made some sauerkraut and after they ate it for one or two days, their constipation immediately went away. I am the same way, if I go on vacation and away from my fermies, I start to get constipated and plugged up. Then I have hemorrhoid producing movement :s . But when I get back home and start back on my fermies, it all goes away.

I think the next time I go out of town for a week, I'm going to take a couple jars of 'kraut with me...no kidding.

But I do all kinds of ferments, its now a hobby of mine. From nuts to water kefir.

If you go to YouTube, just search "how to ferment" and go from there. It really easy to do, its cheap and keto/low carb...

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg
  • KetoTheKingdom
    Options
    Easy and hard ones and everything inbetween. I have two friends that had problems with constipation, so we made some sauerkraut and after they ate it for one or two days, their constipation immediately went away. I am the same way, if I go on vacation and away from my fermies, I start to get constipated and plugged up. Then I have hemorrhoid producing movement :s . But when I get back home and start back on my fermies, it all goes away.

I think the next time I go out of town for a week, I'm going to take a couple jars of 'kraut with me...no kidding.

But I do all kinds of ferments, its now a hobby of mine. From nuts to water kefir.

If you go to YouTube, just search "how to ferment" and go from there. It really easy to do, its cheap and keto/low carb...

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

Do you make kimchee? It seems that most Korean markets sell only varieties with added sugar.

P. S. "Fermies." Do you live near the nuclear plant?
  • DittoDan
    Options

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

Do you make kimchee? It seems that most Korean markets sell only varieties with added sugar.

LOL!

Yes, I saved Kimchee, for the last, to make. I had to do basic ferments first. Then I graduated to the more complex ferments. Kimchi is a lot more involved. I made about (5) 1/2 gallon jars of it a week ago. It only took me 2 1/2 hours to make it, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I eat it for lunch every day.

About the sugar in it, yes, you can add sugar to it, but its a small amount and in 3 days the sugar has been totally consumed by the bacteria. The store bought stuff can only retain the sugar if its cold. But, if you were to take it out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 3 days, the sugar would easily all be gone. The fermie critters love sugar. In my Kimchee ferments, I blend a half of a pear and half an apple ~ instead ~ of using sugar.

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

• KetoTheKingdom
    Options

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

LOL!

Yes, I saved Kimchee, for the last, to make. I had to do basic ferments first. Then I graduated to the more complex ferments. Kimchi is a lot more involved. I made about (5) 1/2 gallon jars of it a week ago. It only took me 2 1/2 hours to make it, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I eat it for lunch every day.

About the sugar in it, yes, you can add sugar to it, but its a small amount and in 3 days the sugar has been totally consumed by the bacteria. The store bought stuff can only retain the sugar if its cold. But, if you were to take it out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 3 days, the sugar would easily all be gone. The fermie critters love sugar. In my Kimchee ferments, I blend a half of a pear and half an apple ~ instead ~ of using sugar.

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

How about Chinese-style fermented vegetables?
  • blacktie347
    blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    2 words: Lax tea. I drank it by accident once and that's all she wrote.
  • DittoDan
    edited April 2016
    Options

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

LOL!

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

Well, other than Kombucha (my favorite of all time) I haven't done any others that I can think of. If you have one in mind, tell me and I'll do it. Last year I went to China twice for two weeks each, the funny thing was, I couldn't find any Kombucha to save my life. Its just as rare there as here. I never heard of it until the last couple of years. There is a soy bean culture called Miso, but it is far too laborious and time consuming to make (a year or more time to ferment).

I work with a bunch of Indians and I found a common one that I bought, and I'm gonna try it out soon: Tempeh. Its fermented soy beans. I have some soy beans left over from my Japanese Natto (I made a couple weeks ago). And there's tofu, but I never liked the taste of it that much.

I also made, this last week, Koji rice. That was a weird ferment. Most ferments eat sugar and leave everything tart tasting. But this critter, turns rice sweet! Its the same culture used in making Sake (rice wine). Tasted pretty good. I couldn't find my blood glucose meter, or I would of checked to see if it made my BG's go up.

t6csgivjef13.png

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    MrsSpitser wrote: »

Maybe cut back on fats?
    Are you drinking 8 glasses of water like its a goal or is that just how you drink based on thirst?

I would definitely recommend keeping your fluid intake up while you have diarrhea as it can rapidly result in dehydration and it's difficult to rehydrate when your body isn't holding onto the fluids and you feel nauseous from the discomfort. You will likely need more fluid than normal because you're losing so much. However, you're also losing your electrolytes too, maybe rotate back and forth between a mug of broth and a glass of water throughout the day.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diarrhoea/Pages/Treatment.aspx
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

LOL!

I hope this helps,
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

Well, other than Kombucha (my favorite of all time) I haven't done any others that I can think of. If you have one in mind, tell me and I'll do it. Last year I went to China twice for two weeks each, the funny thing was, I couldn't find any Kombucha to save my life. Its just as rare there as here. I never heard of it until the last couple of years. There is a soy bean culture called Miso, but it is far too laborious and time consuming to make (a year or more time to ferment).

I work with a bunch of Indians and I found a common one that I bought, and I'm gonna try it out soon: Tempeh. Its fermented soy beans. I have some soy beans left over from my Japanese Natto (I made a couple weeks ago). And there's tofu, but I never liked the taste of it that much.

I also made, this last week, Koji rice. That was a weird ferment. Most ferments eat sugar and leave everything tart tasting. But this critter, turns rice sweet! Its the same culture used in making Sake (rice wine). Tasted pretty good. I couldn't find my blood glucose meter, or I would of checked to see if it made my BG's go up.

t6csgivjef13.png

You inspired me to get more fermented veg back into my life, though I'm not quite ready to make my own fermentations yet. I tend to lean more towards the Asian fermented foods as that's what I like to cook and eat, but I've even made sauerkraut a regular part of my diet.

Tempeh is delicious! But then I should probably note that I like tofu too lol. I've had vegetarian periods in my life and have continued to incorporate meatless meals into my diet periodically. I found that tofu, baked tofu (which has a much different texture) and tempeh helped me keep my protein consumption under control as I'm less likely to overeat them like I would a big steak.

You can use tempeh the same way you use meat, sliced and pan fried on its own, crumbled into salads and soups, sautéed with a stir fry. I struggle to make sauces now that I don't eat sugar, but it blends well with most Asian inspired sauces.

Miso is great too, though I certainly don't make my own. I'm not a big fan of plain chicken broth, so miso soup is how I keep my sodium up, along with a splash of tamari. Miso is delicious in a vinaigrette dressing too with sesame oil, ginger, tamari, rice vinegar and lime juice, you can also make a creamy version too.