May miles/minute madness!

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    Going for 100 intentional exercise miles in may and 200 Fitbit miles. The 100 is doable since i have hit it the last 2 months. 200 Fitbit may be stretch but go big or go home right?
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Re-attempting 135 Fitbit miles, and also re-attempting 900 intentional exercise minutes. When at first (April) I don't succeed, try, try again (May).
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    PS - it's in view only mode, I think you need to change a setting for allowing others to edit?
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I've got a comic con to get ready for at the end of the month so I might as well push hard and see what I can do. 70 minutes a day it is (not sure it is doable after looking at April but I want to find my fail point) or 2100 minutes total.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    PS - it's in view only mode, I think you need to change a setting for allowing others to edit?

Oops, I think i fixed it, let me know if it works!
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    It works! Thanks!!
  • anisia85
    anisia85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hoping for about 900 minutes of exercising (various).
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Very slow start as a recouped from my race last weekend. I am feeling 100% again so hopefully I can start logging in some miles!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    More of my miles will be towards the end of the month - vacation and hiking for several days from 5/21-5/29.

Also, my employer is doing a challenge for employees. For each lap around the building (about 1 km), we get to draw 1 card (up to 5 cards per week) for a poker hand. Unlike Poker, there are just 5 cards... no trading them in or anything. I got a spade flush. I know someone else got a full house. The top 5 hands get $20 in these certificates made by our local Chamber of Commerce, which can be spent at local businesses. It is possible others did or will get a higher hand than me, but as long as it I'm in the top 5, I win.

I will do 5k / 5 laps next week again whether I win this week or not.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    That's clever, @midwesterner85! Great incentive. My coworkers and I have been making a point to go out for a walk at lunchtime every day that it's nice outside. Today our walk was cut short by rain, but I still got something in!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I am behind, as expected. I did a 192 miles relay race this weekend (22.5 miles logged for me). Hubby is on business the next 4 days and I have a couple of blisters so I am not so sure about it but hopefully I can play catch up once he gets home.
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Is this open to anyone? I've just started to run this month. The exercise goals are intimidating but motivating. You all ooze awesomeness. Good luck reaching your goals!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I'm quite a bit behind. When I started the month, I had planned to be behind at this point since I'm going on vacation next week to do some hiking. However, I also had planned to run a few times each week for the first part of the month. Then plans changed and now I have plans to move in June. I'm still going on vacation and doing a lot of hiking. However, I haven't been running at all since I'm working on getting stuff cleaned up and packed for the move.

I've been trying to be sure to maximize my time while still home to get as much packing done; and while on vacation, I will have to be sure to maximize my time to get as much walking / exercise in. It's a road trip, so I can even walk around rest stops along the way as I can.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @realalize it is open to anyone as long as you are 30-39.99 (if not we will secretly age you when you aren't looking) so jump on in.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    @realalize it is open to anyone as long as you are 30-39.99 (if not we will secretly age you when you aren't looking) so jump on in.

What he said! Join in the fun. It is a self motivated challenge so whatever works for you is your choice. We are just all here to support one another and try to motivate when it gets tough.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    There is less than a week left. How are you doing with your goals?

I will not hit either of my goals. Injured earlier in the month and then a week without my hubby (time to run/walk) left me too far behind to recover. I am still going to do my best to recover strong and start out June with a bang but I know that this month there is too much ground to cover in too short a time.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    There is less than a week left. How are you doing with your goals?

I will not hit either of my goals. Injured earlier in the month and then a week without my hubby (time to run/walk) left me too far behind to recover. I am still going to do my best to recover strong and start out June with a bang but I know that this month there is too much ground to cover in too short a time.

I had planned in late April (when I made the goal) to run every other day in the first part of the month and then do my hiking trip at the end. Then I changed plans and have been working on packing to move in June. So not so much running. I am still doing my trip with hiking (you will notice a couple high mileage days), but probably will still fall short of my total goal.