Leslie Sansone May 2016 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
May (2016)

WELCOME to all walkers!

May is here! And time to start a another new monthly challenge! Surely beautiful flowers and spring are finally here! You know.... April showers bringing all of those May flowers that we mentioned last month. Hopefully we shall have some extra sunshine to brighten our days, as well as our outdoor walks B)

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors will be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors. Especially after the long winter or extra rains many of us have had.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you do it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into May of 2016!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in! 160 this month!

Happy Walking everyone!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am in too.
    My goal for May is 40 miles - or 10 miles a week. I have gotten myself up to 2 mile walks, with Leslie, and it feels great, but I want to add in another form of exercising too, using weights, so I am anticipating some soreness which could impact my walking. I won't know how things will go until I try, so I have kept my goal reasonable. I'm hoping I am worrying for nothing, and that by the end of May I am doing longer walks with Leslie, or outside.

Today is rainy, foggy, and miserable looking outside. Weather looks like the rain may stay all week. Thank goodness for Leslie!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm in and up'ing my goal to 68 miles in May. My 5K is in about 6 weeks.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    100 miles. I am hoping to make most of these miles while golfing.
    10/100
    10 miles golfing 27 holes this morning.
  • hollyhock1009
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just did 3 miles with Leslie. (First time for 3 miles.)

Thanks @PinkyPan1 for mentioning the American Heart 3 miles, because that is what I did today. I almost gave up at 2 miles, was really sweating - and my biggest problem was that I was dressed too warmly, and the heat is still on here (bylaw), and despite having my balcony door open and a fan on, I was sweating profusely. But then I realized that part of the 3rd mile would be cool down, so I kept going.
    Thank you group - again - for these challenges. They keep pushing me forward.

3 miles out of 40 done.

Added: Congrats PinkyPan1 on your 10 miles today.
    Deeder522, I hope you are feeling well now, and good luck in your 5K when it comes.
  • CountryLaneMom
    CountryLaneMom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is 62 miles. That averages 2 miles a day.

I like the American Heart walks too. Especially when you want a no nonsense just basic walk. But like to mix it up with some of her others and my favorite - outside hikes.

I just did the last two week of April so looking forward to a full month challenge.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    well I'm going for 100 this month
    5/100
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I challenged myself to do 100 miles in May. After falling off the bandwagon and putting 40 pounds back on. I think I should stick to something that seems more realistic for me and getting back on.. I am going to join @hollyhock1009 in her 40 miles in May. I plan on walking 3-4 tonight.

0/40
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I had a good start today with a nice walk on the treadmill. Weather has been up and down here in Michigan so I'm waiting for it to stabilize before I can get back outside. Hoping to get to the Gym 3-4 mornings from now on.
  • melissa_ky2012
    melissa_ky2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to the group :smiley: I set my May walking goal to 60 miles; down 2 miles so far
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    2 miles down today - 1 outside, 1 to Leslie.
    Also did some Walmart walking while I was getting my snow tires removed by the garage next door, but I have no idea how to figure that - wandered for an hour.

Total now 5 miles out of 40.
    For whatever reason, tonight I ache all over, especially in my upper arms. Does anyone else get soreness in their arms from Leslie's routines?
    My feet and legs also hurt, which is not uncommon. I hope it's just because rain is coming.
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    Welcome @Melissa_ky2012. Congrats on the 2 miles down.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    May Goal 130 and 10/10,000

May 1 - 1.5 miles - finishing the company books and ahead of schedule on that by 5 months...YEAH!!

May 2 - 2.8 miles
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep going.
    5/1 <3 10 minutes on elliptical follows by circuit training then treaded in pool for 15 mins I felt really good after that. Loved the pool.
    5/2 <3 20 min walk with LS 1 mile followed by some weight workout.
    I should get smart and have clothes and shoes out the bedroom for when I'm up early like this I can work out. Uggh....next time... :#
  • mhosner
    Options
    3/40 done.. My bf and I took a nice 3 mile walk last night after dinner. Simple way to get a visit and some fitness in.

Great job everyone!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    16/100
    6 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    My goal is to keep going.
    I should get smart and have clothes and shoes out the bedroom for when I'm up early like this I can work out. Uggh....next time... :#

I do this. It's either my gym clothes if I'm working out at home or my everyday clothes and have my gym bag packed to go in the AM.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Just got my jawbone tracker today and have been playing around with it. Did a test walk around the farm, 1.25 miles.
  • mhosner
    Options
    6/40 another 3 miles tonight.
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    2 miles today - 1 with Leslie, the other I (finally) walked down to a nearby farmer's market, so was over a mile in total by the time I got home.
    Total now 7 miles out of 40.