Am I losing weight too fast?

Options
melissa7662
melissa7662 Posts: 93 Member
I have lost around 64 pounds since the first of the year.
44 pounds since the end of Feb.
When I started tracking my food I was only eating around 1000 calories a day. So I increased to what MFP suggested around 1700 (I have a really hard time ratting that much). Somehow my amount on MFP got reduced to 1480 and I still was only logging around 1300 calories.

I'm kinda worried that I'm losing too fast and/or something else is wrong.

Replies

• wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    20 pounds from first of the year thru February sounds excellent. 44 pounds in two months does sound unusually rapid. That doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong, though.

I would be asking myself a few questions:

1-how much weight do I need to lose overall and how does the loss compare?
    2-am I eating a balanced diet with fruit and veggies? Am I getting whole proteins? Am I
    getting fiber?
    3-are my health condiions getting fed correctly? (i.e my blood sugar readings are good or my salt intake is acceptable?
    4-how do I feel? Am I fatigued all the time? Am I hungry all the time? Dizzy? Painful anywhere?
    Confused? .

If you getting good nutrition (vitamins, minerals protein, fiber, not much sugar, moderate fat) then you are probably okay.

If you are still concerned check with doc. A check-up never hurts anyway.

Good luck
  • melissa7662
    melissa7662 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am eating a balanced (at least as balanced as I can) diet. Fruit, veggies, protein, whole wheat carbs if it's bread. BG has been less was in the 200 and up before now usually below 130.
    I am stressed and deal with anxiety a right much. Been trying to get meds right for that.
    I have just now started feeling a little more hungry (making the right choices for snacks and not too many carbs kinda stresses me a little).