05/02 Monday Day 2 SLBC

Options
13»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with your "One Things"! You are selecting actions that have meaning to you, that will push you a little, and get you sitting less. Well done!
  • themedalist
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    I have a request: Could each day's challenge be posted the evening before? I have time to go online in the evening, mostly. I won't see even early morning postings until I get home.

Janet, this is a great suggestion and it makes a lot of sense. I don't typically post the daily challenges...Auna does as she's the group leader of our host, the Challenge-A-Day group. Auna usually posts about 1am or 2am Eastern US time, after she finishes work. For now, I'm posting the daily challenges as Auna is away. When she returns (any day now) I think the challenges will again be posted in the middle of the night, because that's the time that works best with Auna.

• memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    On nights that I am not working I am going to spend 10 minutes an hour on decluttering the house. On nights that I work I am going to take a 15 minute walk between jobs instead of taking a nap.
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I, too, am, going to clean up my cluttered house. A little bit at a time.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My goal is to spend at least 30 minutes on my feet every night after work, rather that is taking a walk or otherwise exercising, cleaning the house, etc.
  • karbruce
    karbruce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am pretty good at not sitting outside of work- but at work is another story. I am going to try the long way to the ladies room,as mentioned above, but also to the fax machine and the photocopier and the shredder!! That should help. :) So long way to everything from now on.
  • Kimmertmsn
    Kimmertmsn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am attempting to walk every evening, get in 10,000 steps per day and always stand while talking on phone.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My "one thing" is to take a daily walk during lunch making 30 less minutes of sitting a day. I have a little sticky note on my computer with the days listed and I'll cross them off each day that I get a walk in. :)
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My "one thing" is to achieve some decluttering/cleaning each day, even if it's just folding and putting away laundry or cleaning on corner of a room. Baby steps.
    I also like the idea of squatting and calf raises every hour.
  • themedalist
    Options
    My "one thing" will be to use my laptop at the kitchen counter and standing AFTER work. I'm good about using my laptop at the kitchen counter BEFORE work and on my days off, but I slack off during evenings when I'm more tired. I am going to work on changing that!