April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley! Yes, you are so right. I am in the 130's!! 138.2 this morning, but I worked my fanny off yesterday on all those challenges. MUSCLES!!!!!! ...or, you know...it's just water. :p
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,699 Member
    Options
    I'm still a couple of dumbbells more than you two. Hope that makes you feel lighter. :bigsmile:

162-163 this week - glad to still be in low-160's. Would prefer 150's but am happy not to be gaining. :smiley:

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    138.2 this morning. Yes, so happy to be in the 130's.

Shelley this is going to get you to fall outta your chair laughing...one of our team leaders was kidnapped and the ransom is..dun...dun...dun...

180 JJs
    60 Squats
    1 min Wall Sit
    20 Arm Circles
    40 Push Ups
    150 Effing Burpees

When we first started this ransom business, I suggested two kidnap victims and 50 gobble squats w/weights as the ransom. The leader we are doing the above ransom for said that that was too harsh and she didn't think everyone had weights. We ended up demanding they give up something they like for X amount of days. We are now rethinking our next kidnapping...ugh!

:s:'(:o

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,892 Member
    Options
    Burpees! So laughing now! Big smile here. Oh my, JJ and pushups also. :D>:)

Paula that is awful close to getting into the 150's. Soon, so close!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I'm so sore...I'm also up .2 pounds to 138.4...muscle, right Shelley?

Went w/DDD and her BFF out to Martinez (Hwy 4 :s ) to look at a venue for the baby shower. The trip out was okay...I didn't drive...but the trip home was bumper to bumper...peppermint time...I still have a headache. Peppermint has been counted and put away.

Rest Day tomorrow. Will weigh in...got my fingers crossed.

Later my friends!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Fingers crossed!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Paula!! It worked! 138.0 this morning. I am happy!

Chris
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just got back from some more ranch time - I was thinking about all you ladies! Good to see you all are doing so well. Great job staying in the 130s, Chris. I am sure I'm not still any longer!!

Paula, I got a couple horse pictures just for you - I will post them soon. :smile: I rode Caspian this weekend! He's a great combination of pretty AND smart. The pretty ones usually are a pain because they're so gorgeous that their owners let them get away with whatever they want. Thankfully, Cas was far more respectful. Can't wait to ride him again!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Michelle! I'm trying. Good luck on your weigh in. Hope it's right on.

I managed 137.6 this morning. Last time I hit that it wasn't real. Let's see.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Michelle, I love pictures! Especially of smart silly pretty ponies and happy people! :laugh:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Just got back from some more ranch time - I was thinking about all you ladies! Good to see you all are doing so well. Great job staying in the 130s, Chris. I am sure I'm not still any longer!!

Paula, I got a couple horse pictures just for you - I will post them soon. :smile: I rode Caspian this weekend! He's a great combination of pretty AND smart. The pretty ones usually are a pain because they're so gorgeous that their owners let them get away with whatever they want. Thankfully, Cas was far more respectful. Can't wait to ride him again!

Oh my, this is why my boys are so rotten. They are so adorable they run my house!

Chris I know it is real this time! Congratulations! <3

Shelley
  • WranglerMichelle
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Haha, Shelley, that's not as much of a problem with small-ish sized pups. When you get 1200 pounds of muscle with a mind of its own . . . slightly more of a hassle!!

Anyways. Here's my pretty ponies, Paula. :smile:

ss8kb56hkstb.jpeg
    That bite is still visible on his shoulder, but it's healing nicely! Almost all the hair has grown back.

ob7m1bbhpkd3.jpeg
    Here you can see how protective he is of his woman. Any time any of the other boys would come by, he'd pin his ears back and glare at them. He even chomped down on one poor boy's nose!!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Maybe he was biting back at the one who bit him? Is that red spot in front of the saddle the place where he was hurt? I like him more and more! :smile:
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    Well, he's covered in bites, so chances are good whomever he bit also bit him at one point! But this was a definite she's-mine-you-can't-have-her bite. Especially because horses generally aren't vindictive revenge seekers. Except for the pony I had in Jr. High. He was a jerk. :D

Yep, that's the spot. It's just a red line now. When it first happened, it was an area bigger than my palm. It was bad as far as bites go. The rest of his bites are pretty small and scabbed over - no new ones. I didn't see anyone biting him over the weekend, so maybe he's finally settling in. Koda (the little mare with him) is super sweet and snuggly, often standing nose to nose with him. He found a good friend. :smile:

Other than being a bit unresponsive to the reins (typical for a former Amish buggy horse like him), I totally love him. He's smart, willing, patient, and hardworking. He's part draft horse, so he's really muscly and comfortable to ride. I can tell he's going to be one of my favorites. Hope I get to ride him again today!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    He's Amish?! How did you find him. He looks tall, or is that just because the mare is small?
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So handsome! What a wonderful looking horse. And she is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)

And so far as spoiled and running my house.........well dynamite does come in small packages. Muahaha. Joey loves to wake us up at night. He wants to be picked up and put into bed. Oscar is afraid to come up the stairs in the dark. He WILL NOT stop barking until someone comes and gets him. Cooper has to lay touching me. And poor Timmy is just old. I rarely get to sleep through the night. I so created them. Yep rotten! But I would not change them for anything. <3

I think a little fat pony could sleep with you, and be house broken. The possibilities are endless.

Shelley
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    The ranch is out in the middle of Amish country (supposedly the largest Amish community in the world), so a lot of the horses there are former Amish. But it's weird to see a tri-color Paint or a draft cross pulling a buggy. I think I saw him one day, 'cause I remember thinking it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. I met his former trainer yesterday, and she said when his last owner didn't want him anymore, she suggested that she donate him to the ranch. So I think that's how he came to be there.

He's fairly tall since he's got some draft in him, but he's not huge. Koda (the mare) is pretty short - she may even technically be a pony - so she may indeed be making him look taller than he is. But he's a decent size (about 15.1 or 15.2 hands, if you are familiar with how horse height is measured). I like how thick and solid he is. Pure muscle! I like feeling like the horse I'm riding has substance.

I rode Chuck yesterday - the horse in my profile picture. Had a little bit of attitude from him at first, but that's his MO - "Let's see if I can get away with crap today." If he can, he's a huge pain for the rest of the day. If he can't, he settles in and is a pretty good horse. So he did okay, other than spooking at every single rock on the trail, haha!

Shelley - Aw, they all have their own little system, haha! Love hearing all the different personalities!! And people actually do house train miniature horses sometimes. They're even being considered as guide animals in a lot of places because they are just as intelligent as dogs, but they live about 4 times as long. I love dogs, but if I ever need a guide animal, I want a miniature horse!!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    MIchelle I so agree that they would make great guide animals. They can be very smart. And my boys are flipping hilarious! I call Joey my little Tasmanian devil at times. He is really bull headed. When he decides it is bed time he will not stop barking at you until you either lock him outside or go to bed. The other night he was barking at us and it was only 6:30. We finally went to see what he wanted. His water bowl was empty! Oh no, we are just bad parents. :# Joey is very smart.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Shelley, My kitty-kids are the same. Jasper will meow for hours until DH tucks him in. Once he gets his petting, he curls up and goes to sleep, that's all it takes! But it's every single night. :laugh:

There's a commercial that shows a woman putting a miniature horse in a pasture with some beautiful black tall guys who snub him. So the new Mom builds a doggie door and the miniature comes inside and blisses out as she combs his mane with her fingers. So cute! :bigsmile: Can't remember what's being advertised, though. :wink:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula it is about Amazon Prime! I love that commercial. <3 We are all fools for our pets. No matter their size. I can so see Michelle with one of them little guys. One to ride and one to snuggle. Muahaha

Shelley