Week 4: Are there any other survivors out there?

Options
singletrackmtbr
singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
Well, here we are. This group never seemed to get off the ground, with a very small percentage posting at all after Day 1. Now that it's almost over, it's time to post, let us know what you're doing, and how it's going.

It has been great meeting new people, and I hope everyone continues working hard after this challenge ends!

I copied my post from the last thread because it makes more sense here:

I'm currently in a strength training routine that includes timed workouts. I did 10 different workouts a few weeks ago that I am now repeating and trying to beat the original times. I've done 4 of the 10 repeats so far and I've crushed my old times so I'm feeling pretty good about that!

Mountain biking has been on hold this week due to weather so it's back to Insanity on the cardio days.

I'm currently 3# above my goal weight, so I've altered my calories to allow a 0.5 cal/week loss instead of a full pound. Time to start feeding the muscles. BF is 16-17 (down from 18-19) but it's pretty stuck there.

Playing with macros but I keep settling on 40C/35P/25F.

I hope everyone is crushing their goals!

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Ok, I guess I'll respond to my own thread. I feel like I'm at the 8th grade dance all over again.

Today I crushed yet another timed workout. I beat my previous back workout time by almost 5 minutes (8%). I've now beaten my times for 5 of the 10 workouts (5/5 so far). Finished with abs as always.

I don't know if there's any difference in these photos, but here is Day 1:
    gtx7fjrqpo4d.jpg

And today:

rteec4qptar7.jpg

I'm still working to carve those abs but they just don't want to cooperate!

5 strength training workouts (with cardio mixed in) left, then I completely change up the plan.

• jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess I'll respond to my own thread. I feel like I'm at the 8th grade dance all over again.

Today I crushed yet another timed workout. I beat my previous back workout time by almost 5 minutes (8%). I've now beaten my times for 5 of the 10 workouts (5/5 so far). Finished with abs as always.

I don't know if there's any difference in these photos, but here is Day 1:
    gtx7fjrqpo4d.jpg

And today:

rteec4qptar7.jpg

I'm still working to carve those abs but they just don't want to cooperate!

5 strength training workouts (with cardio mixed in) left, then I completely change up the plan.

I'm seeing more definition all over on you - arms, legs, chest, abs. Great job!!
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Thanks!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    whole core area definitely looks tighter!
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Thanks. More work to do!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 2 & Core 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS & BACK=DONE!
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Insanity Max 30 Max Cardio, Ab Attack, and a pushup finisher.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 3"=Done!
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wrapped up P90X2 today! Now a few days off. I do plan on going on some walks. My shoulders and arms are screaming for a break!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Was in the hospital with my wife and new baby all week.

Today however I did p90x3 Total Synergistic for the first time. It was interesting but as my first work out this week it felt good.

Here's the keep on working out people no matter what life throws at you. You keep on kicking *kitten*.

Cheers all :D
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Congratulations!

Strength training chest. I've now beaten previous scores from 6 straight workouts. 4 to go.

There is a Garmin issue that is messing with my calorie adjustment. Really frustrating! Needless to say I'm eating under my goal even when MFP says I'm not.

Crush your goals!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3 & Core 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LOL @ "kicking kittens" Loomisj72, that's just SO wrong!
  • thehoss316
    Options
    Created this before vs. after. Not sure how much of an appreciable difference there is, other than the scale moving up...m84jqjvv5rds.jpeg
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Max 30 Max Strength and Max Out Abs. Hitting a party tonight so trying to get my protein in during the day!
  • thehoss316
    Options
    Way to plan ahead singletrackmtbr!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms=DONE! TIRED NOW!!! :s
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Fyi my fitness pal forums changes curse words to kitten. I spelled out kicking a.s.s.
  • gam3rguy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    Fyi my fitness pal forums changes curse words to kitten. I spelled out kicking a.s.s.
    I know. they've "kitten"ed me MANY times! LOL! still funny. :p