Sit Less Resource #5: Sitting Less at Work

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
To supplement today's challenge of sitting less at work, here are a few of my favorite infographics on the subject. There are lots of ways to reduce work-time sitting and many benefits!

dvx8zo1tr1tm.jpg

9oz80b96ql5b.jpg

wbi6c0vwwahs.jpg

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,971 Member
    Options
    Love all these! Now that I move more, sitting for a stretch becomes uncomfortable. It probably always was, but now I notice it.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I actually finish my work faster by taking frequent movement breaks than when I sit and stare at the computer for long stretches. Another plus is, I feel sooooo much better at the end of the day.
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Love all these! Now that I move more, sitting for a stretch becomes uncomfortable. It probably always was, but now I notice it.

Me too. Sitting for a long time now is just really uncomfortable. Plus, now I have a mental image of how squished every organ in my body is when I'm sitting.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Mamafred wrote: »
    I actually finish my work faster by taking frequent movement breaks than when I sit and stare at the computer for long stretches. Another plus is, I feel sooooo much better at the end of the day.

Same thing. I take a lot of stretch breaks (even just 30 seconds) and I always feel better and more alert as a result of it. And I also feel better at the end of the day!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't work anymore, I'm on CPP Disability but I will get up once an hour or during commercials and drink more for more washroom trips.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Great post!!