Week 4 and haven't lost any weight in 14 days....but.....

Options
SmokeRising
SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
Ok so I've written about this before because I have been stuck at the same weight for 14 days. I am only 4 weeks post op and no where near goal. I had my 4 week follow up today. Although there was no weight loss, my doc reviewed my food journals and exercise log. Again she told me that I needed to get calories up and maybe not do so much at this point. She said I was doing way more than most of her patients at this point. She also told me the same things all my fellow message boarders have been saying...don't weigh every day, you're doing everything right so just keep going, it will pass. I am hardheaded so maybe it will sink in one day.

So, if there is anyone else out their in a major stall (especially early on), I am right here with you. I am going to keep on moving and not complain about no weight loss...at least until my 2month follow up..ha ha.

Oh and...NO MORE DIABETES MEDS! I guess all of the exercise and diet is controlling the sugar. 6 weeks ago I was facing going on insulin.

Replies

• BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    congrats on the no insulin!
  • Lori_Pensel
    Lori_Pensel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I was sleeved 4/4/16. Am at a stall... scales have been bouncing between 197 and 198 for 2 weeks now. So frustrating. Any input is welcome :)
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Keep measuring yourself! Stalls will happen and they stink. Technically, stalls are no weight or measurement for several weeks. (I've read anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks to START a stall)

Even on weeks where you see no movement on the scale, there should be changes there. If not, I'M SO SORRY!

For me, eating slightly higher carbs will do the trick after a few days. FIRST, I always up my fluid intake.
  • soniam1417
    soniam1417 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got sleeved 4/6 been going back and forth at 177 and 179 this is really stressful as my doc is very strict with weigh in she wanted me to be in the 160 by May 24th. Gonna try the 5 day pouch test which I think I am just gonna go back to phase 1 which is shakes shakes and shakes.

Good luck!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When I see a number I don't like on the scale, I don't weigh myself for a while. I just try to focus on the good habits. Over the past year or so I've learned weight is not a great measurement of health. But I know that number is important to each of us at different levels. Try not to let it stress you out.