Just starting!

Options
grrrlface
grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
Hi, just joined this group and just today started a whole new eating clean experience.

I started as moral support for my partner who was recommended to eat clean by a healthcare professional for help with his anxiety, asthma and eczema. I've been part of MFP for nearly 5 years and heard about clean eating but never really taken the plunge.

I'm looking for friends with open food diaries to look at for ideas, or any advice for us starting out!

I currently feel a bit limited in choices, I've stuck to mostly lean meats and leafy green salad, and fruits today. I've found a few nice recipes for this week, just looking for more input from people who have been clean eating for a while.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Replies

• jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request! Please feel free to add me! :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Got it! Thanks! :)
  • need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am just starting as well. Looking forward to learning new ideas, recipes and activities.
    Any and all advice is welcome!
    :)
  • 120RebeccaJean
    120RebeccaJean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back on track with my healthy lifestyle. I cannot wait to learn more about clean eating and it's benefits from this group.
  • Viggyfuss
    Viggyfuss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    id love to join if I can. this is day one of my 2nd round with MFP. lost 28 lbs in 2014. regained in 2015 d/t lack of exercise mostly. time to lose it and get healthy for good. ive tried clean eating before and felt weak and cloudy brained like my blood sugar was too low. had discussion with my Dr to try again. Could use all the pointers I can. I do try and eat very healthy, grow my own garden and herbs, non GMO chicken, fish but Doc says to cut out all meat- even chicken and all dairy :/ could use ideas and support.
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started on MFP after a long break also. Years ago, I lost nearly 100 pounds, but I was totally eating all processed diet foods which made me feel like crap. So this time around, I know I want to eat clean, real, whole foods. I feel like I already eat fairly clean, I'm discovering that I was eating too much though. I'm looking forward to learning and trying new recipes!
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I threw out a ton of processed food and restocked my kitchen with real food. I am already discovering I need to buy 2 or 3 times more of the amount of fresh foods (and I thought I bought a lot). but I am really enjoying not feeling guilty about eating (a ton of fruits and veggies) to my hearts content. ;)

really hoping this lifestyle change sticks.
  • weighstogo
    weighstogo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Decided its time to clean up my eating habits and try to lose a little weight! Looking for support and some good recipes to help me along. Heading out shopping later for some "healthy" foods and throwing out the rest!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Viggyfuss wrote: »
    ive tried clean eating before and felt weak and cloudy brained like my blood sugar was too low. but Doc says to cut out all meat- even chicken and all dairy

did the dr tell you why cutting our chicken and all mean was a good idea? They usually help keep our blood sugar levels stable. Though of course the hormones in them are not always so good for us.

And, have you tried increasing celtic salt and or magnesium to sort the brain fog? When i'm eating clean I really have to remember to keep salt intake up - not table salt which has additives, just good old celtic or rock salt.