Hitting Menopause!

Options
bummy0325
bummy0325 Posts: 2 Member
Yep, I'm 47 and can't lose a single pound to save my life. In fact, over the past 3 months I have gained 15 pounds (despite a hefty workout) and am very pissed off about it because in 2014 I lost about 30 pounds but now I'm heading back into those clothes that got too big. I have actually stopped working out because it's just depressing seeing it have the opposite effect.

I do have peri-menopausal symptoms of which weight gain is one of them. Grrrr. I haven't been to a doctor about this specifically yet, but does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get this weight off?

Replies

• ashrymom
    ashrymom Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just joined here today. I can't lose a pound to save my life! I am 44 and steadily gain about 2-3 lbs a year. Stepped on a scale today to notice I'm up 5 more lbs! I've had enough! The steady answer that I seem to see in the research says to cut calories. It usually works for me, but only up to about 5lbs then I fall off the wagon.
  • npaulick
    npaulick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I have been putting on about 5 pounds a year for the past several years and now NONE of my clothes fit. I am refusing to go buy bigger clothes because I'm stubborn and don't want to admit I'm getting older and this happens. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago at 38 and UGH, it has done me in. I'm shooting to try yoga to start out with since arthritis is keeping me from the heavy stuff. I myself am ready to return to the doctor and see what they can do.
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Let us know if the Dr has anything useful to say. I went about a year ago and they said everything was good. Is anyone taking any hormone replacements? Let us know how yoga goes too if you try it! I feel too impatient and too busy to do yoga! But I wish I could!
  • Lizaavb
    Lizaavb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi! I guess I am in this group......this over 40 and not loosing is not making me happy! I just started jogging , well if you call 5 mins jogging and then 5 walking.... I am going to work up to 30 mins jogging . My friend 5 years older than I , started like this last year and it worked for her those last 5 pounds dropped and she looks great! ( I was to lazy to start with her....)
  • ashrymom
    ashrymom Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a very small amount of us here with the same problems. Can we start our own discussion group/challenge, etc?
  • mizginny
    mizginny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Just joined. In the premenopause stage. Weight gain not helping. Working on high-protein meal options.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Frustrated and determined. I know that menopause is making this journey an uphill battle and I am determined to fight back. Sadly I have created a bigger obstacle for myself by gaining back the 50 pounds I lost 8 years ago. So here we go again. I know what I did then but somehow don't have the same drive to do it again. I need motivation and accountability. The motivation is all on me but I am hoping mfp will give me some accountability.