My number 1 craving right now....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, @Sabine_Stroehm ... that brings back memories of when I was Parks & Facilities Concession Manager of a neighbouring town. I would order a tub of extra salty Dutch liquorice 'coins' just for me as I was the only person around that liked them. They were made with real liquorice though, not a fake flavouring. They kind of reminded me of the 99% Lindt chocolate. Same sort of 'it takes very little to satisfy' craving.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sorry strange double post happened here... so I deleted.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I could eat it by the spoonful. I used to eat about 6 tablespoons on bread and put 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips on it as a snack. No more of that but I do eat PB still and use a few Enjoy Life brand chips.

I love burgers with fried eggs. That was lunch today.

I made fruit salad for Rowdy Sunday and I really wanted some but I stuck to just one Blackberry...he raved over how good it was and I was jealous! But didn't give in.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    A nap
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Today I have a huge craving for an egg roll. My children get the combination platters but don't eat their egg rolls. I usually eat them but since going LCHF I haven't wanted any. Today I wanted it but I didn't give in. I went for a 3.6 mile walk instead. So glad I did.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Up until this weekend I was craving Chinese food hardcore. I was feeling sick, so I went ahead and ate whatever on Friday. The steamed dumplings were great, the General Tso's not so much. Just too much sweet gross flavorless glop. I ate it anyway because it was kind of expensive. But at least that's out of my system now, I won't be craving that again for a long while.

I've been craving Chinese food too! Made some for dinner tonight. I get frozen pot stickers (dumplings) because I don't know how to make those, but make my own Szechuan wings and beef with broccoli. The sauces are a bit carby (4 tsp brown sugar in the glaze for the wings and 2 tsp table sugar in the sauce for the beef and broccoli, but the recipes make enough for the whole family, and it's worth it). I have to limit the dumplings (I could make a meal out of just those if it weren't for the carbs - three of those suckers have more carbs than the whole rest of my meal!). But it was good to get that craving out of my system! Love love love Chinese food :)

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Scotch eggs

heh. sorry!
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been craving milk! I really don't even like milk, so it's really confusing me. :o
  • SheLikesToLift
    SheLikesToLift Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My number 1 craving is celery and ranch dressing lol. Never before in my life could I have ever imagined that one.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Those Chinese pot sticker dumplings are so good! I think if I just eat the meaty filling it would be ok. The lovely dough puts my BG up too high.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Today I have a huge craving for an egg roll. My children get the combination platters but don't eat their egg rolls. I usually eat them but since going LCHF I haven't wanted any. Today I wanted it but I didn't give in. I went for a 3.6 mile walk instead. So glad I did.

@tlblanks2015 You could eat the stuffings and just leave the roll. There are all kinds of inside out egg roll recipes out there! Basically, ground pork with cabbage or cole slaw shreds with garlic, ground ginger (fresh if possible), Tamari soy sauce, and rice vinegar. SOOOOO worth it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Up until this weekend I was craving Chinese food hardcore. I was feeling sick, so I went ahead and ate whatever on Friday. The steamed dumplings were great, the General Tso's not so much. Just too much sweet gross flavorless glop. I ate it anyway because it was kind of expensive. But at least that's out of my system now, I won't be craving that again for a long while.

I've been craving Chinese food too! Made some for dinner tonight. I get frozen pot stickers (dumplings) because I don't know how to make those, but make my own Szechuan wings and beef with broccoli. The sauces are a bit carby (4 tsp brown sugar in the glaze for the wings and 2 tsp table sugar in the sauce for the beef and broccoli, but the recipes make enough for the whole family, and it's worth it). I have to limit the dumplings (I could make a meal out of just those if it weren't for the carbs - three of those suckers have more carbs than the whole rest of my meal!). But it was good to get that craving out of my system! Love love love Chinese food :)

@tlflag1620 There is a recipe for low carb pork dumplings out there - basically close to the inside out egg roll (egg roll in a bowl) recipe I just posted, then some dumplings made with psyllium husks or something...

HA! Found it: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/pork-patties-with-dipping-sauce/
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    oooooo I'd give a lot right now for a hot cacao and rice milk. OMG been craving for a couple of hours- which is extremely unusual- I expect I'm not getting enough fat, and possibly water earlier in the day. Or I just plain miss my favourite hot drink and I'm in Darwin for a few days - the northern most big city in Australia - and I can't get those things late at night here. grrr. The rice milk is not really a kindness- 24gms carbs - but... oh yummmm
  • tlflag1620
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    tlflag1620 wrote: »

@tlflag1620 There is a recipe for low carb pork dumplings out there - basically close to the inside out egg roll (egg roll in a bowl) recipe I just posted, then some dumplings made with psyllium husks or something...

HA! Found it: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/pork-patties-with-dipping-sauce/

Yummy! Thanks @KnitOrMiss. I suppose I could just eat the "guts" of the frozen potstickers, but this looks much better! I could definitely make Chinese more often if I tried making these; heck, the hubby and kids might even like those better - it's just the "good part". I've said it before and I'll say it again - grains aren't food, grains are what you put food on (on in this case "in")!

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @tlflag1620 This is one of my favorite asian type recipes...if you haven't made it yet.

http://www.food.com/recipe/crack-slaw-low-carb-434863

It's a variation on that, with rice vinegar as the type. Though it looks more like this one: http://www.cutthewheat.com/2012/12/asian-crack-slaw.html

We've done it with kielbasa, bacon, burger meat, sausage, whatever... SO GOOD.

I do NOT use sesame oil - I can't stand it. And I don't use splenda - just stevia. I do use fresh ginger, and not always on the green onions... SO YUM...

And I like the skinnytaste beef pepper steak recipe, too... That sauce is good on any stir fry! http://www.skinnytaste.com/pepper-steak/ Serve with some butter or another fatty side...
  • tlflag1620
    Options
    Those all look really good! May have to have another Chinese food night soon, lol. I love the flavor of sesame oil, but since it's so delicate I don't cook with it (I generally use palm oil for stir frying) I only season the finished product with it.

Mmmmm... gonna have to try these :)
  • MandiCole1
    MandiCole1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    COOKIE DOUGH...but I'm too new to this to even attempt a keto version...might be dangerous
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
  • MandiCole1
    MandiCole1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I just bookmarked it! I can't wait to try it! Maybe in a couple weeks once I'm in ketosis...sigh...lol.