Really Bad few days

Options
Carnivorekat
Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
Have had a huge struggle these last few days well to be honest have struggled since I got back from Holiday about a month ago - I ended up eating many more carbs when I was away and haven't been able to get back on track properly since then, have also had a huge problem with pain in my upper left abdomen radiating through to my back whenever I eat anything (although definitely worse when eating carbs).

I have loved the way LCHF made me feel before I went away and want to get back that feeling so feel I need to simplify my food for a little while - I am a bit of a carnivore so love meat and fish but struggling a little with the fat options - I tend to have double cream in my coffee, and cook with butter but not sure what else to do to ensure I get enough fat in my diet - I am not a huge fan of cooking and tend to have individual foods rather than meals with a mix of items.

Really hoping for some inspiration on what to add in to help feel better and get back on track properly.

I have looked in the info sections but hoping some advice from anyone who has experienced anything like this would also help.

Have been LCHF since the beginning of the year and want to continue doing this as a WOE for life.

Replies

• LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Have you been to your doctor about the pain? That concerns me first and foremost. I am so sorry you are hurting!! I would suggest figuring out the source of the pain first.

As for this woe, just stay the course and keep doing what you are doing. Eat fattier cuts of beef, chicken thighs with skin, hamburger, sausage, eggs, and BACON!!!

I really don't have any other advice for you but I hope you feel better and find out what's happening very soon.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Thanks I will make an appointment and see if she can find out what is going on
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Steak with a pat of butter on top with a side of avocado.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of scrambled eggs with tbs of mayo beat in before scrambling.
    Have to try that!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will make an appointment and see if she can find out what is going on
    Glad you are checking with doc.

I go for chicken with skin on lamb with fat, (I can't tolerate bacon), but do have avos as well, macadamias
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    thanks everyone - going to keep trying to find out what is causing the problems and stick with the WoE as much as I can until I know what is going on
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pick that head up and get back to it!!! I can't is a mental game... Just do it!

Best thing I've read all week!!!
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    not sure what else to do to ensure I get enough fat in my diet

Nuts! Provided your not allergic of course! Make a great snack, easy to just pick up and have a high fat/mod protein amount. Stay away from peanuts and cashews but almonds, brazil nuts, pistachios and walnuts are all very tasty!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Dancing_Daisy Macadamias are my go to. Perfect balance of fats and carbs for me, but really easy to overdo it if you're a muncher... When I travel or am out and about where having temp controlled food isn't an option, they are always with me!
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @KnitorMiss Agreed. Nuts are so calorific they need to be eaten in a controlled environment. I take a small pot to work most days so when they’re gone – they’re gone! I did try to withdraw to lower my calorie intake but noticed quickly that I wouldn’t be eating enough calories per day. As a result I feel like a get a regular treat eating them now 
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    @KnitorMiss Agreed. Nuts are so calorific they need to be eaten in a controlled environment. I take a small pot to work most days so when they’re gone – they’re gone! I did try to withdraw to lower my calorie intake but noticed quickly that I wouldn’t be eating enough calories per day. As a result I feel like a get a regular treat eating them now 

I keep nuts as a treat myself. I'm a total nut-addict. So I keep them for Saturday, when I let myself eat higher calorie. And go nuts on them. :wink:
    Wakey618 wrote: »
    Pick that head up and get back to it!!! I can't is a mental game... Just do it!

Best thing I've read all week!!!

That is absolutely great advice.
    Of all I've learned, one of the most important things is that weight loss is not all about the food. Healthy nutrition is very important, don't get me wrong, but the "how" to achieve that success is the mental game. Weight loss is 80% of the fight. If you can find and fix your food relationships and habits, you've fought well over half the battle for yourself already. And that practice will carry you through the rest of your life. Because life is going to get sh!tty. My mom is in the hospital 400 mi away and slowly dying. I want to eat every terrible thing. But my food issues are 99% fixed and my habits and brain-hacks give me the momentum to sail past that nonsense. For now. I can't predict what will happen mentally when she passes, but until then, I can resist complete derailment since I've gotten my mental game locked in. It's a lot less noise and stress on me in a stressful and anguishing situation.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    but the "how" to achieve that success is the mental game. .... My mom is in the hospital 400 mi away and slowly dying. I want to eat every terrible thing. But my food issues are 99% fixed and my habits and brain-hacks give me the momentum to sail past that nonsense. For now. I can't predict what will happen mentally when she passes, but until then, I can resist complete derailment since I've gotten my mental game locked in. It's a lot less noise and stress on me in a stressful and anguishing situation.

Cant agree more, AND, best wishes for your journey with your mum. As you say, *kitten* happens, and our task is to meet life on its own terms and stay centred in our own integrity on our way through. I say this, though I did not maintain this while my mum was undergoing cancer treatment recently, but reading your words, it was a reminder to come back to what I know is true, thank you.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    so sorry to hear about your Mum @baconslave - I totally understand the mental issues have suffered emotional eating for most of my adult life - its only in the last few months that I am starting to understand the issues I have with food - I have so much stress in my life at times (have a special needs child and a single mum) but trying desperately to work out the food issues before the take back over
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    went to see my Doctor yesterday and initial thoughts on the pain are that I have an inflamed duodenal - he has prescribed me Omeprazole to see if it helps and we are going to do some other tests just to be sure, he was really supportive of me doing LCHF and I should be able to get back to it shortly, hopefully the medication will ease the pain in the stomach and things will get back to normal - thanks for all your support everyone
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's terrific news that you are on the way to finding out what ails you and getting it fixed. And to have your doctor on board with LCHF is a bonus for certain.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of scrambled eggs with tbs of mayo beat in before scrambling. Topped with cheese.... And Side of bacon.. This is a fatty meal.. And trust me even if you don't like mayo as my husband doesn't ... You don't know it's in there besides how fluffy the eggs are lol
    Fry several pieces of bacon in oven till 1/2 way done put in zip lock and take out what you want zap on microwave a min or 2 and done..
    Egg salad, tuna salad or chicken salad made with lots of mayo or avocado.
    My morning coffee made with coconut oil, mayo, avocado and fatty meat was what I used a lot to get my fat.
    Pick that head up and get back to it!!! I can't is a mental game... Just do it! Good luck!!

I really dislike mayo but recognize the benefits of it...you really can't tell it's there? What about in the coffee? I'm so skeptical! I eat so little mayo in my egg salad that everyone around me has to add gobs of it to their sandwiches.