Non-Scale Victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• valerieblaydes
    valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I chose a chicken Caesar salad when I went with my boyfriend and his mother for dinner at the restaurant she chose. It was the first time I ever realized restaurant salads are twice the size they need to be. I ate all the chicken with half the greens, dressing, and cheese. Luckily the "croutons" were slices of toast sitting way off to the side.
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    I baked the avocado brownies again, but this time I really did cut them the recommended size. And I have still only eaten one per sitting :) And I thought of having a second one this afternoon, but I had an APPLE. Baby steps!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in 3 weeks and I used to drink three 20-ounce bottles a day!
  • stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    shawna_25 wrote: »
    I never thought that at 158 I'd fit into my old fave jeans because I bought them at 145. But guess what?! Today I tried em on and they FIT like a glove! I proudly wore them to work and not once did I feel uncomfortable or restricted. It's really crazy because at 163, just a 5lb difference, they wouldn't go up passed my thighs....
    I've never measured, only weighed, but I think I'm going to start measuring and refer to that rather than the scale (although I will still weigh but def not obsessively like before). It's obvious now that a good chunk of my gains are muscle. And there I was beating myself up over it!

I'm so happy for you Shawna! What an great thing to discover: Some of this weight is good weight!! (muscle)
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Kareesdiet wrote: »
    I have gone to work, avoided the gremlins in the break room and everywhere else for three days in a row and ate only good food! You guys for me this is HUGE!!!!

Definitely proud of you, Karee! I know how hard that is to do.
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks Maggie :)
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    Today we wanted to eat doughnuts, so we got up and walked a mile and a half to the doughnut place in the 90 degree sunshine. Feels good to know we burned some of that sugar before eating it :)
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    I feel so much accountability with the Fitbit. I have two three-hour layovers in airports today, and I have to eat airport food...my breakfast was pretty awful, so before lunch I took a long walk in the next airport to earn my BBQ lunch. When I land at the next stop, I can walk again before dinner if I desire. Very exciting! I never would have held myself accountable this way before...
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This weekend we were celebrating both a grandson's birthday and our tenth anniversary, so there were lots of goodies around. I did eat well on Saturday except the last snack, but Sunday I chose to eat along with everyone else. Breakfast was two boiled eggs, but lunch was stuffed pizza, birthday cake, and popcorn with M&Ms. What I did avoid was all non-water beverages, which is huge for me. That is where many of my celebration day calories used to come from. Although the food choices were not healthy for most of the day, the portions were carefully controlled.
  • karenenriquez1225
    karenenriquez1225 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have this new sort of mental trick I play on myself. It is definately resulting in a victory for my overall health. Here's what i do: when I feel lethargic and just want to plop on the couch. I do, for about 5 minutes. Then I get up and get physical. I walk, or play with the kids, do some squats , push ups, whatever it takes to take the lethargy away. It really works!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Today I wore a skirt since my daughter was confirned a year ago!
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did a kettlebells workout today....and enjoyed it :o
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    I almost choked up for you just reading it! That is fabulous. I long for the day I run uphill! I always have to slow the speed when o turn up the incline on the treadmill.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I went out for a works meal and chose the best option for every course and left food on my plate. And I opted out early skipping the dessert!