introduction

Options
pinktoesjb
pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
Hello, I am a long term diet failer, back on the waggon since March and losing weight very slowly. I'm trying to clean up my act in the hope it will boost my weight loss and overall health. I would like some new friends for accountability and eating ideas. To be clear I'm not on paleo or ultra clean- I try to go majority unprocessed but sometimes life happens and I'm going to have a cake once in a while!

Replies

• fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I am of mom of 2 young kids, and just started getting serious about losing weight in Feburary. I workout at home and do an occasional hike or walk, usually with the kids. This is the first time in my life I'm paying attention to WHAT I eat rather than just the quantity.

I am also far from a "junkie" or ultra clean. I just basically try to limit some frozen and processed foods. I'll still eat some canned beans, frozen veggies etc. So far I can honestly say my meals, though simple, are FAR more satisfying and tasty than my Lean Cuisine and Frozen Fish and Fries days ( though I did eat a couple of frozen lunches last week. It wasn't good, but needed to do groceries and I have a ton left).

Feel free to add me. Dairy is open.
  • FrenchiePearl
    FrenchiePearl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally understand you. I'm the same way. What is your main goal of losing weight? For me I'm trying to get more energy and also figuring out what food doesn't agree with me. So far, I noticed I'm low lactose intolerance. Taking out dairy, I don't feel so bloated. Keep going, don't give up. Also, you are allowed to have a cheat meal one a week. we are human after all. Just don't feel guilty doing it though.
  • gridironmom
    gridironmom Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hello - I'm new to this group and hoping to share ideas, recipes and encouragement. I have a lot of weight to lose. My recent labwork shows I'm diabetic (I also have high cholesterol and hypothyroidism) and I'm finally ready to make changes! After trying so many other ways of eating with no success, I switched to eating a plant based diet about 3 weeks ago. I'm realistic enough to know that there are times - like you said - that I will want to have something outside of the plant realm but so far I am being successful with this approach.
  • juicenewton1
    juicenewton1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this approach, but I'm going to make a go of it. Glad I found this group, I'm trying to lose 50 lbs, I'm 55, and I'm tryng to work out 4-5 days a week. My goal is to be healthier and slimmer—not slim, just slimmer. :)
  • Mitramonday
    Mitramonday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm also new to this group and, whilst my enthusiasm is 'right up there' at the moment, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some encouragement a little way down the line!! I have been vegetarian for a number of years and am now a 'VeHo' (Vegan at home - it's so much more difficult when out and about!). I live in beautiful Shropshire, UK, have at least 30lbs to lose and am a 59 year old 'exercise-phobe'. However, I know that I need to lose my excess weight, and generally try to get fitter - I scare myself when I walk up a steep hill :o . I'm going down the route of Nutri-blasting and, although it's early days (second weigh-in tomorrow) I am really enjoying my two-blasts-a-day routine. However, I live in a Buddhist community and we eat together in the evenings, taking it in turns to cook for each other.....that's when I find it SO hard to exert portion control! Still, it's my turn to cook tonight, so they're having a 389 calories per portion Vegan shepherd's pie..... >:) !!
  • Mitramonday
    Mitramonday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update to the above.....a) I lost SEVEN lbs!! (And yes, I know that's too much, even for my first week, so I have upped my daily calories a smidgen...but still can't help being delighted ;) ) b) the Vegan Shepherd's Pie was really yummy....and I had to tell the rest of the community it was low calorie!! Check it out - Jamie Oliver Vegan Shepherd's Pie - you (or your OH/babies won't know it's vegan :D !)
  • debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just started clean eating 2 weeks ago. I eat meat and am trying to find clean sources. I need to lose 175 and need support. Am 62 and want to feel better so I don't run out of energy so quickly.