Low Calorie Desserts

TS054
TS054 Posts: 27 Member
Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Pops
8 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/4 c plain yogurt
1/4 c apple juice
2 T. honey
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Pour blended mixture into ice pop molds and freeze until solid

Replies

• maniahum
    maniahum Posts: 14 Member
    This sounds awesome
  • trishk82
    trishk82 Posts: 27 Member
    Yum. I am going to make that!!
  • ilovelife0katie
    ilovelife0katie Posts: 5 Member
    Great idea!
  • angelfrog87
    angelfrog87 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    I like to make mini muffins with banana, PB powder, oatmeal and dark chocolate chips. Has a few other ingredients but no added sugar. One is very satisfying for the chocolate crave @ around 100 cal.
  • transparanoid
    transparanoid Posts: 1 Member
    Low Calorie chocolate mousse (serves 4) 167 calories each
    chop 85g of dark chocolate and melt in a pan. mix cocoa powder (1 tbsp), coffee (1/2 tsp) and vanilla (1/2 tsp) with 2 tpsp of cold water and pour over chocolate. Once it's thick, stir with 2 tbsp of boiling water and the chocolate should become silky smooth and leave it to slightly cool.whisk two egg whites till they soften then whisk 1 tbsp of golden caster sugar until it becomes thick and glossy.beat 50g of greek yogurt into the cooled chocolate. Don't over mix, gently fold. Spoon evenly into 4 small cups and leave to chill for a couple of hours. Top with raspberries and a pinch on cocoa powder on the top.
  • periphrastic
    periphrastic Posts: 25 Member
    I like cooking with as few and as natural ingredients whenever possible, which is how I ended up making chocolate avocado pudding. Blend 1 large avocado until smooth, then mix in 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tbsp sugar or honey (adjust to taste). Chill, then top with chopped strawberries and walnuts, or your fruit of choice. This makes anywhere between 1 large serving (about 350 calories with toppings) and 4 small servings (about 100 calories with toppings.) It goes great in a packed lunch!

If you lick the spoon, you can definitely taste the avocado, but when you eat it cold it just tastes like chocolate pudding.
  • ellashaw77
    ellashaw77 Posts: 5 Member
    I made a new dessert today, banana and berry "ice-cream" super easy. You chop up 3 bananas and freeze for at least 6 hours, get them out and put them in a blender until smooth then add 50g frozen berries. Tastes just like ice cream but really healthy :D
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    I just made mini oreo cheesecakes today... haven't eaten an actual one yet, but all the component parts tasted good.

Oreo Mini Cheesecake

16 oz light cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup light sour cream
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 Tbsp. vanilla
    2 eggs
    18 Oreo cookies
    ~4 crushed Oreos for topping
    Muffin tin liners

Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until well combined. Line a muffin tin with paper liners (white looks the cutest), and place a whole Oreo at the bottom of each liner. Top with 1/4 c cheesecake mixture and crumbled Oreos (you can mix them into the cheesecake if you prefer). Bake at 275°F/135°C for 22 min. Cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours, leaving the cheesecakes in the muffin tin. Remove them from the muffin tin right before serving.

NI according to the MFP recipe tool, per one cheesecake:

Amount Per Serving
    calories 129
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4 g 6 %
    Saturated Fat 2 g 11 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 28 mg 9 %
    Sodium 100 mg 4 %
    Potassium 43 mg 1 %
    Total Carbohydrate 21 g 7 %
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 1 %
    Sugars 17 g
    Protein 2 g 4 %
    Vitamin A 2 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 2 %
    Iron 3 %
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    1/2 peach, 2 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts-extremely light drizzle of honey. I have heard it even better warm but I never wait.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    edited January 2016
    freeze 1 banana and 4 strawberries. add 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk and frozen fruit into food processor. Ice cream substitute. about 100 calories depending on the size of the banana.
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    Luigi's Italian Ice is yummy and only 100 calories - available at Walmart.
  • ktra2014
    ktra2014 Posts: 21 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/flourless-chocolate-cake/
    This chocolate cake is really good it taste very unhealthy I topped it with fat free whipped topping and strawberries.
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,256 Member
    Any Quark ideas?
  • semossmoss
    semossmoss Posts: 14 Member
    I have been eating strawberries and sugar free Cool Whip for a dessert/something sweet. I've been craving chocolate something awful though, so I might eat 5-6 Hershey Kisses when the cravings are terrible.
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Cheesecake Filling
    2 cup container of Fage Total 0 Greek Yogurt
    1 package Cheesecake Jello sugar free/fat free pudding mix
    Mix together. 1/2 cup = ~60 calories.
    I top it with either fresh strawberries, strawberry ice cream topping, or sugar free jam and scoop it up with graham crackers.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    I love jelly kind of dessert and two of my favorites are:

1) Soymilk pudding: 600ml unsweetened soymilk (heat to almost boiling)+ 10g gelatin powder (melt separately with just enough water - around 3 tbsp) + stevia. Refrig until set. Totally to around 230 calories.

2) Agar agar - this is close to 0 calories. Mix with water, stevia, boil for 2 minutes then add flavor of your choice (eg coffee powder, unsweetened chocolate powder, cut-up fruits) mix well and refrig until set. Calories depends on what you add.