Options

Replies

• jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Me: 20
    Binge: 1
    DBF:1

Really disappointed in myself today after binging last night, all I can do though is move on and keep going.
  • SlimSage
    SlimSage Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    Binge: 6
    DBF: 0
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    The Binge: 5
    DBF: 6

Not making the best decisions, and definitely went overboard yesterday, but didn't binge!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Me: 22*
    Binge: 0
    Streak: 265
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 22
    The Binge: 0
    DBF: 31

Arely making it each day, but somehow I am not completely losing it. Starting a cleanse tomorrow to break the sugar cravings..I hope! (it has helped me in the past anyway...)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    Me: 20
    DBF: 29

Staying on track, but struggling daily.. why is it sooooo hard to avoid these cravings?! So to frustrating. I'm trying so hard not to cave...

@mae918 For me, I had to drastically change the foods I ate to gain any moderate control over cravings, at all. And most of the foods I crave are built for addictiveness, whether due to sweet, salty, fatty content or comfort properties or the hidden indulgence feelings.

I had to work to accept that i can do the better thing consistently, or I can aim for best all the time, and allow myself to fail frequently. Guilt had to be left on the plate with the crumbs. Acceptance, banishing guilt, have been my hardest learned lessons, because with them, a binge may only be one meal or one day, rather than spiraling out to become weeks or months at a time...

I also have to work at accepting the fact that life is not fair. It doesn't always work, but getting down into the gritty details and sharing them with other folks allow me to remember that I'm not alone, and that life is REALLY REALLY UNFAIR for a lot of us...and somehow making that burden a shared one makes it slightly easier to bear. (HUGS)
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 17
    DBF: 7
  • mae918
    Options
    Thank you @KnitOrMiss. I really appreciate it. I started a mild cleanse today but it's one that worked for me in the past. It helps me drop bad habits of comfort foods and high sugar. Today was the first day I really ate healthy and didn't indulge in ANY junk. It felt good :)

Me: 23
    DBF: 32
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 18
    DBF: 8
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 24
    DBF: 33
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 19
    DBF: 9
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 25
    DBF: 34

I'm out of the rough patch! I haven't been struggling for the past 3 or 4 days now! Relieved and really happy with myself!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 18
    DBF: 8
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 26
    DBF: 35
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 21
    DBF: 11

Apparently yesterday I decided to count backwards, lol! Fixed that today :smile:
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 27
    DBF: 36

Great streak @Moxie42!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 22
    DBF: 12

Thanks @mae918! You too! I've never gone a whole month- looking forward to that :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Me: 28*
    Binge: 0
    Streak: 271
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 28
    DBF: 37

If I make it thru these lastt 3 days, it will be my 1st calendar month I've made it thru in probably a year, @Moxie42. I usually start to fall of around 3 wks. I struggled really bad this month and somehow kept pushing not to binge. I felt jittery some days, but I made it :)
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 23
    DBF: 13

@mae918- You can totally do it! I know how hard those jittery cravings are- it reminds me of all the times I tried to quit smoking before I finally did for good. How an addictive drug and food can have so much in common, idk, it's kinda scary. But it can be beat! Just one day at a time :)

@lamlam- wow, that is an amazing streak! It's comforting to know it IS possible to break that cycle long-term.