Starting again and could use some buddies

Options
LCChris2016
LCChris2016 Posts: 22 Member
I've been Keto for 3 months and a longtime user of MFP. Decided to start over due to others telling me HOW I SHOULD EAT! I'm NOT starving myself!!!! I do IF (18/6 or 20/4) and Keto. So deleted my former acct and need to find like minded people. So frustrating. Please add me. My name is Christine. :)

Replies

• daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine! You will notice here in the low carber forum are LOT nicer than in main forum. I stopped visiting main forum when people started being mean and booing my comments for crediting low carb to losing weight. Everyone has to find something that works for them. Good Luck Darling! Add me if want
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine, I started again a couple of days ago. I haven't done this diet in about 5 years, but it worked the first time so I'm sure it will work this time! :smile:
  • LCChris2016
    Options
    Thank you for the add ladies :)
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • kennygang
    kennygang Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    please add me also. I am also restarting for a few days now. It is hard and somehow I seem to falter especially in the evening. But we are here for you.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    <mod hat>

Hey guys, just stopping by to remind you all that talking about the main forums is strictly forbidden in this group. We've had issues before and almost lost the group because of it.

Please review the group guidelines stickies at the top of the group.

Thanks!

</mod hat>
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have time for a longer reply now. Thanks for the add! When I can get my head into keto I feel awesome! I have stuck with it the longest this time and I am only two months in. Two months is usually where I cave and grab "just one snack" that ends up being an all out carb binge for the next two weeks. And then i fight my way back. For example, I was ravenous just now when I got home but nuts and a slice of cheese seem to have solved that. So I am learning. My diary is closed, sorry, but it sounds like we eat similarily. I often fast for 20 and have an eating window between 5pm and 9pm. Works so well on the days I can't or don't preplan. As I still have a few lbs to lose I am eating about 15-1700 cal/day dependant on my activity, carbs stay under 30 but very often under 20. My body always adjusts easily and my HIIT workouts and heavy weights are rarely affected.

I do love this section. I mostly read but it is so nice to have some like minded people around!
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Would love to be added and have additional support! I'm trying to get my head back in the game also.... Love low carb and just need to kick start it again. My first step was exercise and me and the elliptical have been early morning buddies for six days in a row... next step adjusting my food!!! Have a great day!!!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi please feel free to add me (I don't know how to add someone) I cut out flour , sugar, fake sugar and potatoes. I have lost 21 pounds in 21 days. My diary is open. I am not limiting fruits and veggies yet but that is my phase two. Bananas replaces my sugary junk so when my mind gets used to it I will exchange the hi gi fruits for low ones.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Hi please feel free to add me (I don't know how to add someone) I cut out flour , sugar, fake sugar and potatoes. I have lost 21 pounds in 21 days. My diary is open. I am not limiting fruits and veggies yet but that is my phase two. Bananas replaces my sugary junk so when my mind gets used to it I will exchange the hi gi fruits for low ones.

I eased into LC quite by accident. I was on an ADA diet trying to get
    a handle on my bg#s. On the ADA site they say carbs influence #s the
    most but they don't support LC. As it turns out as I kept lowering my carbs
    the better my bg#s got. Now I don't eat many carbs at all.

>:) or o:)

• treehugnmama
    Options
    Sorry what are bg's?
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    Sorry what are bg's?

blood glucose numbers... the bane of my existence :'(

• treehugnmama
    Options
    I was just diognosed insulin resistent but my fasting number was 228 from what I learned from Google that is diabetes not IR so I don't know...just learning.
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    I was just diognosed insulin resistent but my fasting number was 228 from what I learned from Google that is diabetes not IR so I don't know...just learning.

This is my go to diabetes site <3

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/

She covers just about everything diabetic.

• hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request. You can add me
  • treehugnmama
    Options

This is my go to diabetes site <3

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/

She covers just about everything diabetic.

Thanks so much!!
  • ttgrandma
    ttgrandma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Christine, please add me. I am always looking for help!
  • LCChris2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes my diary is wide open for all to see. Adding you all Thanks :)