Shoe brand recs?

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    daj150 wrote: »
    I live by my Ons. Used to be into Brooks...totally different running experience...and I am hooked...will never go back to another brand. My only gripe is that the design is not friendly for rocks when trail running.

lol... no, no it is not.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    sauconys!! super comfy, and super affordable!! they make them wider, so my fat feet are happier!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus for around 10K races; Hoka One One for marathons and half marathons;

For training: Merrell, Brooks and Nike.

I like changing my shoes for each run as they are all different and therefore different muscles in your legs and feet are trained.

And the one thing that I have learned after long distance runs: get them bigger than your normal size. Usually I get them one size bigger and now I have realised for marathons it is even better to get them 1 1/2 sizes bigger as my feet swell. Also make sure you feet have enough space width wise!!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My feet are so wide that I don't have many options, but of what's available, Brooks works the best for me. I used to wear the Addiction, but with my weight loss, the folks at the running store recommended less pronation control, so I switched to the Adrenaline.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm increasingly using Inov-8

When I started running I was using Saucony Hurricane but my road preference is now the Inov-8 Road Claw 275 and for trails I prefer the Race Ultra 270 or the MudClaw.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    ekat120 wrote: »
    I've had the best luck with Brooks and Saucony, but the Brooks don't seem to hold up well for me. Saucony is pretty much always a safe bet for me. I like a shoe that's firmer with a lower drop (~4mm).

me too :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

When I started running I was using Saucony Hurricane but my road preference is now the Inov-8 Road Claw 275 and for trails I prefer the Race Ultra 270 or the MudClaw.

I've got a couple different pairs for trail running and I love them... I'm yet to try their road shoes though. Unfortunately I don't have any local shops that carry inov8 any more.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

I've got a couple different pairs for trail running and I love them... I'm yet to try their road shoes though. Unfortunately I don't have any local shops that carry inov8 any more.
    jacksonpt wrote: »

It was a bit of a risk, I'd been using Hurricane 15s and had a pair of 16s in the cupboard ready to slot into the cycle when I lifed out my oldest pair. When I slotted the 16s in I discovered that I hated them. Significantly more forefoot cushioning than the 15, and as my gait has evolved it led to me getting quite back shin pain from the new shoes.

I contemplated for a couple of weeks but I'd been using the Race Ultras and liked them, and all my trail shoes were neutral rather than motion control so I took a punt and ordered a pair of the Road Claw online at a heavily discounted price. A bit of risk as I am a pronounced overpronator in my right foot, it's very visible in race photos.

Despite being neutral and fairly low drop, 4mm cf 8mm, it's working pretty well. I've run about 100 miles in them, including my fastest HM time in training and not had any issues.

• codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% Asics! I tried a pair of Brooks, and got blisters every time I wore them (I kept hoping they just needed to be broken in)