Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to get focused

typeitdaily
typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
Struggling a bit. Need to get back to better foid choices.

Replies

• fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    What diet are you trying at the moment? Maybe mixing it up will help get your mojo back
  • typeitdaily
    I'm just watching calories and making good food choices but the last few weeks have been crazy busy making good food choices a challenge but the last few days have been better and I'm back on track.
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    I am off track with exercise - just not doing any - but keeping my eating on plan. The sad part is, I LOVE EXERCISE. Seriously love it. Unless I have a fever or seriously ill, I should never skip exercising six days a week. I feel great when I exercise and love the results - and if I don't start again ON JUNE 3, 2016, I will lose ground and I can't afford that.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    So what exercise are you doing today?
  • typeitdaily
    I have been ill with a sinus infection, ear infection, and bronchitis for the last week so I will be walking today!
  • typeitdaily
    @hoovhome I am the opposite! I lose focus of exercise but have no issues with logging foodor going over my calories. Wish I had your love of exercise!
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    @hoovhome I am the opposite! I lose focus of exercise but have no issues with logging foodor going over my calories. Wish I had your love of exercise!

It did not begin that way, I assure you. And there are types of exercise I loathe - running - possibly others, but I would rather take a beating than run. That was true when I weighed 116 pounds until now. Perhaps that will change some day, but I prefer low-impact, high-intensity exercise. Variety is my friend and I look for new ways to exercise a muscle group. Even when doing housework, I am learning to think about the body movement and whether I am using muscle or skeletal system to accomplish a task. We all know using muscle is best and using the skeletal system stresses the joints and can lead to injury. It takes a bit, but once you get in that mindset, it is easier to click into that mode as you go through your day.