May, 2016, still going strong

Options
124»

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,870 Member
    Options
    Muahaha Chris, I do hope the one upping was in good spirit. It can be so catty at times. Baby shower time! Such wonderful fun. <3

Michelle that is to funny. I grimace at the 144, knowing it will be up the next day. Why not down?

Did not weigh this morning.

Shelley

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I ate a donut on Friday. Have not touched dairy in years, but succumbed to the temptation and now will have to pay the price. Need to buck up and buckle down.

This morning realized I look "normal" now - had been looking slender but no longer. Maybe it was the clothes though, peasant tops are puffy. Maybe tight pants and a tank top will feel better.

Thanks for being here!!!

paula
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Paula, sometimes the clothes I'm wearing affect how I think I look. Here's hoping it was just the top! Hope the donut was tasty, at least. :wink:

Scale said 141 this morning! I almost fell over backward in surprise, haha! I made cookies yesterday, so I expected a higher number than that, or at least my old faithful 141.5. Yay!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,334 Member
    Options
    Yesterday cost me 1.4! 139.0 this morning. However...I'm drinking a bunch of water today...walked...hit the gym w/DDD and SIL then got on the bike. So tomorrow I should be back down. Or, in 10 days I'll be back at yesterday's weight! :D

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited May 2016
    Options
    One of my roommates (when we were young) was slender and her clothes always hung nice and didn't get stretched out. Last year I realized it was because she didn't have curves, cuz at that time it was the same for me.

Now my curves are back and my formerly-gaunt face is filled out and people tell me it looks good. But it's conflicting, because it all feels like excess weight in my mind and it is happening against my will. So I'm trying to decide if I should accept it, or fight harder.

And poof, there's the answer.

My inner soul says "fight like crazy" - had to see it in writing to realize the "but other people say it's okay" comment is just one of those justifications that lead me astray.

Thanks for listening. It helps so much to have you to talk to.
    :heart: girlfriends :heart:
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula you are right. Fight like crazy! When I was 200 pounds my family didn't think I was fat. It wasn't until I lost the weight that they actually realized it. People get used to the weight you are at and think you look fine, but you know you don't. You know what everything should look like so do what you have to do to get where you want to be, and pretty soon your gaunt face won't look gaunt to them any more because they will get used to that look.

We will always listen!

<3<3

Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,247 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm back...I hope. My mom had a few complications but she's okay. The doctor delayed removing her staples last week but they should come out on Wednesday.

I'm 195.8 this morning...up slightly from last week. But I've pretty much maintained despite not working out. It starts today with a walk with my BFF and exercises my trainer sent me. The summer tennis season starts Sunday so we have practice and coaching drills this week and I will have 2 days with my trainer. I'm hoping to keep the scale going down. Looking forward to getting out of the 190s. My goal for June/July.

Missed you guys.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    137.8 this morning! Boy am I happy! We are invited to dinner at DDD's MIL's. I'm taking fruit salad. My plan is control.

Must go walking w/DH now. Later my friends!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Kathy, Hope your mom is better soon. Nice to see yu!

Paula
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back, Kathy! Hope your mom is in tip top shape soon. Good luck with your tennis this season! Bet you'll be in the 180s in no time.

Nice job, Chris! I was back up to 141.5 again this morning. I had to laugh.

I didn't go overboard today, but I did "sneak" a lot of calories that didn't get logged (little bites and tastes every so often), so I'm not going to eat anything else today and hope it all balances out. I know that's not a good system, but that's where I am today!!

I managed a deadlift PR today, so at least that!
  • PaulaKro
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didn't go overboard today, but I did "sneak" a lot of calories that didn't get logged (little bites and tastes every so often), so I'm not going to eat anything else today and hope it all balances out. I know that's not a good system, but that's where I am today!!
    I was exactly the same today, Michelle! Now to stop eating. :angry: :angry: STRENGTH :angry: :angry: OOMPH!

Paula

• cpanus
    Options
    Okay, yesterday was not too bad, but full of salt...139.0.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Sill in the one-thirties, Chris! :smile:

I'm going to try to stick to "no eating after seven pm" - tonight'll be the first try at not sticking another hundred calories in my mouth each hour. :sad:

fingers crossed!
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I have read all your posts. You all are doing great. I will put up June's tomorrow and see where I am. Sorry I have not been as active as I should.

Kathy glad to hear. Moms are so special to us.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,247 Member
    Options
    196.2 up slightly. I have a girlfriends trip exactly a month from today. Trying to get to 190. Glad to see everyone is doing so well.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy that trip is going to be a challenge in itself to stay on track! Good luck.

Shelley