October 2016?

Options

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My child will be getting the middle name "Trouble" because s/he is already a pain in the bum.
    I was cleared for moderate intensity - no t25 full bore, but I can do more than low impact stuff which is exciting. Then they couldn't find his/her heart rate with the doppler and had to use the US. Sigh. Everything looks good. My diet has been out of control and I'm holding on to water like a sonofa, but as far as doc is concerned I have gained 9lbs since starting and she isn't too worried about it. Heart rate is 133, which would imply boy by that theory, but Doc didn't check, and I still have a pretty strong feeling its a girl. We find out 6/6 - I'm ready to start shopping!
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had my pelvic ultrasound and good news the baby hasn't destroyed my body yet, sickness is down to 4-5 times a day. I even got a cheeky look at the baby, the doctor advised she wasn't maternity trained but I could get an extra peak in advance of my 20 week scan. She asked if I wanted to look at her but I don't think she'd checked the sex. I wasn't going to find out but when she said her, I now need to know.

Has anyone done their before waist measurements and now, I was 31inches now I'm 41inches.

I hope you lovely ladies are enjoying the 'joys' of pregnancy.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Milestone alert: My husband got to feel LittleBit kick last night. I've been feeling her pretty consistently since 15 weeks or so, but at 21 weeks, the husband got to feel her too. I'm super excited about this milestone, because soon I will be able to cuddle up to him during the nightly 4AM dance party LittleBit has, so she can wake up her Daddy with her wild dance moves too...

Seriously...every night starting between 4:00-4:30am like clockwork. I can't hear the club music, but it must be bumping... is that normal for a sudden increase in energy/activity in the middle of the night? This is our first, so I'm never sure what to expect. I'm used to her getting antsy/squirmy when I'm trying to fall asleep. But this "partying down in the middle of the night" thing is new within these past 2 weeks.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    That is totally normal @asearch4me....the worst is when baby gets the hiccups and you feel it. I was in a meeting a work with my last one and everyone could see the movement...I looked like I was going to spawn at any moment. If I remember correctly I was only like 30 weeks at the time.

I'm feeling kinda jealous of all you ladies due in October..I'm just barely pregnant...not due until beginning of January....and the waiting is always ridiculous. Wish I could have just ordered a baby on Amazon. I don't even have my first appointment until tomorrow and my transvaginal ultrasound is next week. Praying for only 1 baby.
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    aSearch4Me wrote: »
    Milestone alert: My husband got to feel LittleBit kick last night. I've been feeling her pretty consistently since 15 weeks or so, but at 21 weeks, the husband got to feel her too. I'm super excited about this milestone, because soon I will be able to cuddle up to him during the nightly 4AM dance party LittleBit has, so she can wake up her Daddy with her wild dance moves too...

Seriously...every night starting between 4:00-4:30am like clockwork. I can't hear the club music, but it must be bumping... is that normal for a sudden increase in energy/activity in the middle of the night? This is our first, so I'm never sure what to expect. I'm used to her getting antsy/squirmy when I'm trying to fall asleep. But this "partying down in the middle of the night" thing is new within these past 2 weeks.

Yes totally normal :smile: They will have periods of time where they are more active.
    It's always exciting when hubby can feel the baby. I am 18.3 weeks and my hubby has started to feel baby move on occasion. Its nice for them to start to feel connected with the baby too.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    That is totally normal @asearch4me....the worst is when baby gets the hiccups and you feel it. I was in a meeting a work with my last one and everyone could see the movement...I looked like I was going to spawn at any moment. If I remember correctly I was only like 30 weeks at the time.

I'm feeling kinda jealous of all you ladies due in October..I'm just barely pregnant...not due until beginning of January....and the waiting is always ridiculous. Wish I could have just ordered a baby on Amazon. I don't even have my first appointment until tomorrow and my transvaginal ultrasound is next week. Praying for only 1 baby.

LOL @ the hiccups. I remember that with my second one. It feels like she had hiccups all the time. I haven't felt them with this one yet but I'm sure the time with come.
    Due in January is not too bad cause you don't have to be huge in the summer. That's the part I am not looking forward to. My first was born in December so I wasn't very big during the summer and my second was born in Apr so barely pregnant in the summer so this one will be a new experience. Lol :smiley:
  • enterdanger
    Options
    I'm apparently only fertile in April. My first was 1/25/2011 and second was 2/26/2013...this one is due 1/14/2017
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Everyone warned me that she'd get active as I tried to go to sleep, no one warned me she would have the ability to wake me up from a dead sleep at 20 weeks (now 21).
    I'm apparently only fertile in April. My first was 1/25/2011 and second was 2/26/2013...this one is due 1/14/2017

@enterdanger Seems like great symbolism for spring! :smile: My mom often jokes that she must have had only 1 day of fertility each year. My brother's birthday is 10/7, Mine is 10/5 6 years later (after she tried for 6 years to have a 2nd kid)...the only reason mine is 10/5 is because my mom was induced so we wouldn't have the same birth date (we were both over a week late). Irony...My daughter's expected due-date is 10/7 (but I think it's actually 10/2) after nearly 6 years of trying to conceive...so I must have "caught" that 1 day of true fertility/year thing...lol
  • enterdanger
    Options
    @asearch4me....possbile. My sister and I are twins and were originally due the end of November. My brother was born on November 24th....We all had a similar due date (although my sister and I were 6 weeks early born October 16th)

My sister's kids both have birthdays in mid april.....I think this is a thing. lol
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    Lil'Bit has dance parties while I'm asleep too (19w3d). Ryan hasn't felt movement yet, but I think we're close. My oldest has been trying like the dickens every night to feel it. I've felt from the outside a few times in the last week.

My oldest was born at the end of September, and my youngest middle of August a week late - I lived through that, I'm not too worried about being 7ish months in the middle of summer hahaha!
  • djlebreton
    Options
    So far at 18+4 at the beginning of June hasnt been too bad. I go for my walks early in the day (10am). And then hide like a hermit the rest of the day when its hot or stay in the shade as much as possible. Im sure I will survive lol.
  • bettymags83
    Options
    Daddy got to enjoy little legs kicking last night, he says he never cries but he definitely had water in his eyes last night.

Had our 20 week scan on Wednesday and found out we're having a girl. The sonographer wouldn't commit but she was confident. Going for a 4d scan in July, we'll be able to have a proper look at the baby then and confirm if I have to decorate blue and greens or pinks and purples.

How's everyone's weight so far? I'm currently 4lbs up from pre-pregnancy. Still hoping for 20-25lb gain.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Daddy got to enjoy little legs kicking last night, he says he never cries but he definitely had water in his eyes last night.

Had our 20 week scan on Wednesday and found out we're having a girl. The sonographer wouldn't commit but she was confident. Going for a 4d scan in July, we'll be able to have a proper look at the baby then and confirm if I have to decorate blue and greens or pinks and purples.

How's everyone's weight so far? I'm currently 4lbs up from pre-pregnancy. Still hoping for 20-25lb gain.

Congrats on the little girl :smiley: Thats very exciting. I have my ultrasound on Wednesday and hopefully baby will cooperate with us. I'm very excited to find out what we're having.
    My hubby has felt baby a couple times but nothing consistent although I feel baby all the time.
    I am 19 weeks and I have gained about 19 lbs!! But I was small to begin with (BMI of 20) so my midwife said it wouldn't be a big deal if I gained 40 to 45 lbs. I am still walking 30 to 60 6 days a week depending on the weather and I'm not over eating so I guess my body just needs a bit of extra weight. I'm okay with it.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    congrats on the girl @bettmags83. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow (I'm 8 weeks 4 days) and we'll find out how many tadpoles are in there. At 10 weeks I get the cell free DNA test which will tell me if anything is wrong and the sex of baby. I'm just hoping for healthy.

I think I'm up about 3lbs. I'm aiming to gain about 20 with this baby.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    After being completely shy and holding her hands above her face and keeping her thighs crossed the whole time like she had to pee, we finally got a look at our 5th little girl last night (He has twins, one boy one girl, I have 1 adopted daughter and 2 biological, this is our first and ONLY one together - I'm hitting my out of pocket max with the baby so will definitely be getting my tubes tied before the first of next year). I was disappointed for a couple hours - sure I have my stepson but he was half way done when I got to him! But I kept looking at the pics, and fell in love with her profile. Seems dad's dreams of a little brown me running around with his nose may have had some truth to them! Other than that, Lil'Bit is measuring consistently. The measurements are saying a few days later than my due date, which suits Dad just fine as he is hoping for a Halloween baby. We have no idea what to call her. Dad seems to view naming a baby as a chance to show how cool he is and likes obscure random names whereas I like more elegant, classical names. We also have her Argentinian heritage to consider.

I haven't stepped on a scale since my last doctors appointment. I'm not eating well, trying to reign that back in! Other than that, doing well. Over did it on Sunday and ended up in bed with some strong cramping, so I need to be careful there as well.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    We had our ultrasound yesterday. Baby looks perfect and healthy which I am very happy to hear.
    And we are happy to be expecting our first little boy to the family!!! I already have 2 girls so we are over the moon to have a little boy joining our family :smiley:
    Hope everyone is doing well and having good pregnancies.
  • bettymags83
    Options
    After being completely shy and holding her hands above her face and keeping her thighs crossed the whole time like she had to pee, we finally got a look at our 5th little girl last night (He has twins, one boy one girl, I have 1 adopted daughter and 2 biological, this is our first and ONLY one together - I'm hitting my out of pocket max with the baby so will definitely be getting my tubes tied before the first of next year). I was disappointed for a couple hours - sure I have my stepson but he was half way done when I got to him! But I kept looking at the pics, and fell in love with her profile. Seems dad's dreams of a little brown me running around with his nose may have had some truth to them! Other than that, Lil'Bit is measuring consistently. The measurements are saying a few days later than my due date, which suits Dad just fine as he is hoping for a Halloween baby. We have no idea what to call her. Dad seems to view naming a baby as a chance to show how cool he is and likes obscure random names whereas I like more elegant, classical names. We also have her Argentinian heritage to consider.

I haven't stepped on a scale since my last doctors appointment. I'm not eating well, trying to reign that back in! Other than that, doing well. Over did it on Sunday and ended up in bed with some strong cramping, so I need to be careful there as well.

I totally appreciate where your coming from, I wasn't going to find out however I needed to comes to terms if it was the other way. My partner was very silent for the first hour after finding out.

OMG after gaining only 4lbs at 19 weeks, I spent the week on an all inclusive holiday and gained a massive 8lbs at the end of it, any hints and tips on kerbing the gain without sacrificing either mine or the baby's health? Any snacking ideas? I cant tolerate anything diary.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    congrats on your son @djlebreton. I've got 2 boys and would love a little girl. I'll find out next week.

@bettmags83...that probably wasn't a true 8lb gain. You're likely bloated from resort food and I know that I'm not getting too worried about weighing since I only go to the potty like 3 times a week....I know TMI...but for real. I've got a nonstop watermelon eating thing going on right now. Maybe try that?
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    @bettymags83, I agree, that was likely not a true gain and will stabilize over the next week or so. As far as eating, I try to eat small meals every couple of hours, I feel like a hobbit going back for elevensies, but it is what it is. Chips have been my weakness, which is weird because I have never been a chip person. After reading about it on the boards here, I went and watched a few episodes of secret eaters this weekend and that definitely helped me remotivate about my eating. Fresh fruit and veggies have been my go-to.
  • bettymags83
    Options
    I did really well today until I had my tea, sat down to watch tv and virtually a whole tub of Pringle style crisps to demolished, I have no self control at the moment. Good news is I've finished all the crisps in the house and there is only healthy food left. Just need some discipline when food shopping and that should see me through the next couple of weeks.

Watermelon is in the fridge, snacks are sorted for tomorrow and leaving my purse at home so the work canteen does not tempt me.