Daily check in for Keto friends...

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I have found lately that I have calorie creep (increased hunger) if I don't have my fats high enough - so I'm back to having to include fat bombs at the moment.

Also, while my insulin is still running crazy, I'm not losing as much scale wise, but I'm shrinking enough to fit back into my jeans, FINALLY. Is insulin an issue for you? I gained and swelled while it was out of control for a while.

Things are all weird right now, since I've discovered I have low stomach acid, and so I'm rolling with it. Do you want us to look at your diary or something, @ChoiceNotChance?

Oh, and I added in some working out before I exploded with this rash that's almost gone now... I really enjoyed it. 20 minutes a day, intervals...
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Realistically, 15 to lose. Did keto back in 2013, made goal, fell off wagon. Back to square 1. Not much has changed w the diet but I am stoked more people do it now. I never felt better than I did with keto. It was a miracle!! And I'm not even diabetic ... My fasting glucose was always in the 90s. So anyway, I'm back.. Week 3. I have to suck down salt like a madman because I bike and sweat A LOT.

Happy to add friends that are commited to keto! I just talked via email to jimmy moore today. If you guys have not listened to the beginning to end if keto talk on podcast, DO IT. It's so informative! Especially if you are new!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Got an awesome outside motivator today in the form of an incredible compliment from a person I deeply admire. Not even a body compliment, but really has me stoked and ready to do it right. Sad that the outside motivators work better than my internal ones, but for now, I'm just grateful. Needed a mental booster. So far today I'm on it keto wise and otherwise. Tomorrow I'm back at the job search with 2 appointments. Will prolly start off the day with a bulletproof to keep me alert and going til dinner!
    Life feels good today, which is nice for a change.
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have totally fell off the wagon this week and today was the worst. For some reason and if anyone knows why please tell me. I have been craving subs and Gin...... It's crazy. and I want to do so good these next to weeks cause my sisters are coming down from Maine to visit and I really wanted to be 150 or as close to as possible. I just don't know what happened, I have been doing so well.
  • elize7
    Options
    Okay strategy for this week is to recreate my initial keto run. By this I mean when I really got going and the pounds were melting off. I know that being closer to my goal weight slows it down, but really it's more than that. My mental attitude has also slowed down and allowed too much slack. I know there is a difference between the weight loss and maintenence phases, but that is different than letting my mindset loosen up. I can be focused as I change the plan. For some reason that I do not understand, I seem to equate less strict guidelines as a "ready, get set, Go!" type of opportunity and i start eating carbs like there's no tomorrow.
    So, for this week, I am challenging myself to reconnect with the initial keto commitment and also the excitement - hoping that will bring me back where I want to be.
    It ain't easy.
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    elize7 I am sure you can do this, not to worry. You know I have always wondered people say all the time it gets harder to lose weight when you are closer to your goal weight, how does your body know what your goal weight is? I could never understand that statement. I am praying for you this week.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    elize7 I am sure you can do this, not to worry. You know I have always wondered people say all the time it gets harder to lose weight when you are closer to your goal weight, how does your body know what your goal weight is? I could never understand that statement. I am praying for you this week.

@maggiegbrown I don't think it's that your body knows your goal weight specifically, I think that when it gets to a level of having less body fat (and therefore closer to healthier weight goals) that it starts holding on to everything to maintain it's optimum condition - which doesn't always correspond to our own ideals - nor that of the medical profession. Everyone's DNA has different settings that it will try to accomplish...
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    Ok wow that make way more sense, I can be so silly. I don't know whats wrong with me sometimes! ; )
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - Just checking in...lurking...

Wanted to say thanks for the inspiration and enjoy your day!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @JodiSW Ditto for me, too. So mentally tired in the threshold category here! Zzz....
  • elize7
    Options
    Checking in also. Staying the course, not a day to write home about, but not bad overall.
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    I am too cking in. 19 down feeling fab. but a little baffled that I have not lost any inches anywhere. What is up with that? My youngest Baby Graduates from high school this weekend so my two oldest girls and two of my five sisters are here. Lot of eating. Pray for me. I have looked a head at the rest. we are eating at, so I do have a plan. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! ; )
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Maggiegbrown - you're likely losing inches in places you aren't measuring. @Sunny_Bunny_ was shocked to lose in her rib cage.

Also, your body is likely holding on to water in those "emptied" fat cells, until it is absolutely sure you aren't going to refill them, so you'll probably get a whoosh effect, in inches, pounds, or both, down the road...
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    I sure hope so. I'm tired of kids asking me if i'm pregnant! LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

2 months - almost no scale, but burning that fat.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Maggiegbrown - you're likely losing inches in places you aren't measuring. @Sunny_Bunny_ was shocked to lose in her rib cage.

Also, your body is likely holding on to water in those "emptied" fat cells, until it is absolutely sure you aren't going to refill them, so you'll probably get a whoosh effect, in inches, pounds, or both, down the road...
    I sure hope so. I'm tired of kids asking me if i'm pregnant! LOL

Yes! I had lost almost 10 pounds I think but was wearing the same clothes and I couldn't understand it. I had taken measurements when I started so I decided it was time again.
    I had lost like 3 or more inches from just around my rib cage. I hadn't even noticed that I was fastening my bras on the smallest hook! And lost almost a full inch around my neck. I know there was a little here and there from all kinds of not measured areas but for some reason, I had only list like 1/2" off my waist!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Just stopping by to say Hi! It has been an incredibly stressful week at work and at home. Amzed that I've been sticking to my macros for the most part. Very excited that my lady friend has been doing LCHF for 6 weeks and is getting results that make her happy.

She used to eat a bagel every morning, I found this recipe ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/10/23/Easy-Low-carb-Bagels

which she credits with keeping her on track many days. It probably doesn't hurt that I make them for her.