Hi, is anyone still participating in this group?

Options
2»

Replies

• Going2bthinsoon
    Going2bthinsoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I Started the 5:2 this week, so far it doesn't seem to bad, I love the fact that when I am getting quite hungry and eating very small meals, I can think to myself. "this is only for today". It really seems to help me to realize this is not something I am going to have to struggle through every single day.
    Today when I logged my normal 1300 calories I was shocked thinking that I could eat so much food, where as before I would be bemoaning my fate because I could eat so little.
    Lets hope this keeps up.
    If anyone would like to add me I would love to have buddies to exchange ideas and experiences with.
    Deb.
  • vc5511
    vc5511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started the 5:2 WOE this past Monday. Completed my 2nd fast on Wednesday. Down 5 pounds, likely water, but very encouraging! Also, I notice I have a ton of energy today despite not sleeping well last night.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just started yesterday the 2 day diabetic diet. 2 days of fasting under 650 calories and then eating healthy the other 5 days. Yesterday had a day of approx 570 calories, and lots of water. I lost almost 30 lbs 2 years ago, this last 9 months have been hard as I dropped back into old habits. I am not a diabetic but was interesting in a form of fasting and wanted to eat healthier. I am also trying to encourage my husband who is at high risk of developing diabetes. Here's hoping!
  • vc5511
    vc5511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lost 9 pounds on the 5:2 diet since starting May 16th.
  • pmart611
    pmart611 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for 7 weeks now and love it! Now I can eat regular food, even splurge on the weekends, and still lose weight and/or maintain. I have lost those difficult last five pounds back down to just below my ideal weight range. I think it is the perfect method for maintenance so I can eat food on eating days without guilt. The first 2 - 3 weeks are tough to adjust, but after that it is easy. I see myself doing at least one fast day a week for life!
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for some good results. Just have to keep at it. Trying to cut carbs down from my usual diet is tricky, but I'm slowly working on it. Fast day today, lots of water!!!!!
  • NilaDulay
    NilaDulay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I fasted 2 days last week and today makes my 1st fast day of the 2nd week. I have lost a total of 1.8lbs and I am pleased with that. Anyone here still on 5:2? I would love to find a support system on MFP.