Podcasts for running

Options
Obviously SYSK is my go to. Chuck and Todd have gotten me through many miles and have even made me stop mid run because I was laughing too hard. Any other good ones out there? Favorite SYSK episodes for running?

Replies

• tanjia
    tanjia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you like stories? My two faves, other than SYSK and Missed in History, are The Black Tapes and TANIS.
    I've also been enjoying 99% Invisible.
  • kema2007
    kema2007 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like other How Stuff Works podcasts- stuff you missed in history and stuff mom never told you as well as the Doug Loves Movies podcast (very funny, 4-5 comedians/celebrities playing movie trivia games). Also just a btw, SYSK is hosted by Chuck and Josh :)
  • Irizzzle
    Irizzzle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Diz runs podcast is fun, also Another Mother Runner
  • pierrejbb
    pierrejbb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Outside magazine recently launched a podcast. There's just a handful of episodes so far but they are all pretty great if you are into outdoorsy/survival stuff

Also, not a podcast, but I really like running while listening to audiobooks. When the story is really exciting it gets me stoked for my next run
  • jdelaney585
    jdelaney585 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Currently loving myths and legends podcast for my work outs
  • MelodyBri
    MelodyBri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Most of the stuff from Smodco (Kevin Smith's Network). If you like stories (and horror) there is a podcast series called We're Alive, which is about a group of people surviving a zombie like virus. It plays like a radio play, with voice actors, sound effects, etc. The first couple episodes are rough as they find their footing, but the story is great, they just did a companion piece to it.

Other from Maximum Fun, Judge John Hodgeman, Sawbones. I just added Adam Conovers Adam Ruins Everything podcast, and others from Maximum Fun
  • terronesaaronc
    terronesaaronc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like listening to The Moth while running. Has a lot of different story tellers giving short stories about their lives. Easy to listen to and you're not missing too much if you have to jump in and out while running.
  • ngroody
    ngroody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was enjoying embedded because I would get so lost in the stories that it distracted me from the running, but the last two episodes were too sad. Crying and running doesn't work. I've also been listening to breakdown which again helps me get lost in the story and makes the running go quicker.