~Recipes~

Options
cjdsign
cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
Hi Everyone!
I'd love to make a collection of favorite healthy recipes here on our blog! I'll start us off and feel free to add more!! Gentle Hugs, CJ :D

Replies

• cjdsign
    Options
    Chili Shrimp Stir Fry
    Saved From: www.iwashyoudry.com

7kvuwuof6oty.jpg
    Here is the link! iwashyoudry.com/2016/04/14/chili-shrimp-stir-fry/
  • paulgads82
    paulgads82 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    These look good! I'll have to get my recipes up!
  • cjdsign
    Options
    mgobluetx12 4 hours ago
    I posted this on the message boards, but wanted to share here because these are so yummy!

Chocolate Mint Protein Fudgesicles

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 container 0% Fage Greek yogurt
    1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbsp + 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tbsp protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate)
    2 tbsp Splenda or stevia
    3/4 tsp peppermint extract

Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Divide evenly into six Popsicle molds. I bought mine on Amazon for $10. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.

1 Fudgesicle
    55 calories
    1g fat
    4g carbs
    8g protein

They really satisfy my craving for chocolate!!

Thank YOU! @mgobluetx12
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    EAS Complete Protein (Vanilla is pretty good) 3 scoops (73g)
    Frozen fruit - Triple Berry (Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries) 70g
    Milk, 2% 8 fl oz (236 ml)
    Handful of ice.

Blend well, serves 1 as a meal replacement.

Calories - 375
    Protein - 46g
    Potassium - 750g
    Fat - 7g
    Carbs - 41g
    Fiber - 7g

These are fine if you're not trying to stick with low-carb meals or if you don't have to watch your sugar intake (27g of sugars in it). If you *do* need to watch out for those things, there are alternative options that are available but the flavor part of it is hit or miss and varies from person to person.

For those with digestive issues (yes, I'm talkin' to you CJ) I'd recommend adding fiber to the shake - there's a lot of different types out there, Metamucil or whatever floats your boat and works for you. Doing that will make the shake process slower in your system and could help get more benefit from it.

The taste of this shake is really awesome - Definitely a favorite of mine and it fills me up for hours. Have one at 0830 and I won't even be interested in eating until 1130 or later.

This is now my go-to breakfast and I enjoy it and then a cup of iced, black coffee.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This Moroccan chickpea stew is favorite of mine, plus you can log it from the site. I usually double up the spices (we like spicy) and sometimes use chicken stock and add chicken breast. Enjoy, and let me know if you try it!
    http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/moroccan-chickpea-stew
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I bought this Kindle cookbook a few years ago and have a few favorites from here...it's $1.99 and though small, well worth it. It's healthy chicken recipes from Prevention Magazine.
    https://www.amazon.com/Prevention-Healthy-Favorites-Chicken-Delicious-ebook/dp/B005OD73X0?ie=UTF8&keywords=healthy chicken recipes prevention&qid=1464881322&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1
  • cjdsign
    Options
    uo3batggifiq.jpg
    Pesto Recipe

Ingredients

1 bunch basil or herbs – 2 cups packed herbs, basil, lemon balm, oregano2 tablespoons of lemon juice

1 garlic glove smashed

Zest of 1 lemon

3 tablespoons of pine nuts

½ cup of olive oil

Method

Smash garlic clove with mortar and pestle. Add zest, lemon juice, salt. Add herbs and gently smash, while rotating mortar until you have a nice creamy sauce. Alternatively, you can blend ingredients in a small food processor until combined (do not over blend or you will burn up essential oils in herbs).

I love a good pesto and we have made both types above and
    I have some other recipes for pesto here: stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2015/10/pinyon-pine-pickin-friday-foods.html
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    andielyn wrote: »
    This Moroccan chickpea stew is favorite of mine, plus you can log it from the site. I usually double up the spices (we like spicy) and sometimes use chicken stock and add chicken breast. Enjoy, and let me know if you try it!
    This looks amazing! I have trouble getting enough protein in, seeing as I pretty much hate most meat including chicken!
    I love vegetables and legumes though, so this stew looks really good to me with the chickpeas...yum!
    Thanks for sharing. <3

• comic_mcfly
    comic_mcfly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yasef13 wrote: »
    andielyn wrote: »
    This looks amazing! I have trouble getting enough protein in, seeing as I pretty much hate most meat including chicken!
    I love vegetables and legumes though, so this stew looks really good to me with the chickpeas...yum!
    Thanks for sharing. <3

would youeat fake meats
  • yasef13
    Options
    would youeat fake meats
    I'm not sure what that would be, but definitely interested.
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Hey @yasef13, BinaryFU concocted me a new protein drink and it has upped my protein. Send him a message, he may be able to help you there too! CJ :D
  • comic_mcfly
    Options
    yasef13 wrote: »
    would youeat fake meats
    I'm not sure what that would be, but definitely interested.

vegan bacon, chicken stuff like that there no meat in it at all you get all the stuff you need without eatting meats
  • yasef13
    Options
    cjdsign wrote: »
    Hey @yasef13, BinaryFU concocted me a new protein drink and it has upped my protein. Send him a message, he may be able to help you there too! CJ :D
    Sounds yummy, he sure knows his stuff! :)

vegan bacon, chicken stuff like that there no meat in it at all you get all the stuff you need without eatting meats
    You know you're right. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I used to get the veggie burgers and notice that there is a full line of stuff that is 'vegetarian meats', even chicken nuggets.
    I guess my fear always was that it would taste too much like meat, and that's a deal breaker for me. But at this point it sure is worth a try.
    Thank you for reminding me.
  • comic_mcfly
    Options
    I can do all that but can do vegan cheese gross
  • cjdsign
    Options
    @comic_mcfly, I can't do that either :no_mouth:
  • cjdsign
    Options
    y5xxddw2h2km.jpg
    Roasted Mushrooms (YUMMMY)
    Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic and Thyme Sauce
    Saved From: closetcooking.com

only 38 calories per serving!
    Enjoy! CJ
  • yasef13
    Options
    @cjdsign, this looks awesome! I absolutely love mushrooms.
    Thank you.
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Beef Mushroom Gravy that's low-carb, AIP- compliant, and delicious! Still simmering it down, so I don't have the full nutritional info yet. Simple recipe, too: 3 cups beef broth 4-5 Tablespoons mushroom powder (about 0.5 ounce) Salt to taste (other herbs/ seasonings as your diet allows) Blend together, then simmer to reduce and thicken. Freezes well, I freeze into 4- and 8-oz canning jars so I can thaw enough for a couple days at a time. To make Mushroom Powder, put dried mushrooms in your coffee/ spice grinder and pulverize them. Wait 10 minutes or so to let the dust settle before opening the grinder. When my broth doesn't have much fat in it, I've added butter. from Cheesy567
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow. All these recipes look so great. Thanks to everyone for sharing.