Sugar / Sweetner on low carb

Options
2»

Replies

• DeSterren
    DeSterren Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What about Swerve? I read that is a good option. Ordered it on amazon.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins I ordered the ribose that you have been using. After reading several articles, I came to the conclusion that this is something that would benefit me because of heart condition and fatigue issues. Additionally, it can lower blood sugar.
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-827-ribose.aspx?activeingredientid=827&activeingredientname=ribose
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I use no added sweeteners of any kind and you would be amazed how your taste changes.
    That coconut sounds like an awesome idea!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just avoid sugar and sweet things- changes the taste buds after a while
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I add a mix of stevia, monkfruit, and erythritol or xylitol to my Fage, plus vanilla, and sometimes almond butter. Almond butter tastes very sweet to me.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    DeSterren wrote: »
    What about Swerve? I read that is a good option. Ordered it on amazon.

Have Swerve and have used it in many things but too much of it at a time and it leaves you with an odd cool mouth feel for some time after. My kids won't eat anything I make with Swerve/other brands of Erythritol because of it. I must say I'm not a fan either but I can tolerate it up to a point. I really much prefer xylitol - which is problematic because I also love my 3 dogs and my children are sloppy eaters :-/
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    "Just Like Sugar" Inulin

All fiber. Tastes very good. Healthy.

hxvflzbnxs9h.jpg

Yes, it looks expensive, but you don't use much and mine has lasted for more than a month. I bought the one for baking (cheaper) but it doesn't mix like tabletop sugar. I stick blend it into my yogurt and milk kefir everyday.

I think I will purchase the tabletop one the next time, even though its more expensive.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

se12v5p36722.png
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins How much D-ribose are you taking? The dosage recommendations that I have found range from 5 twice a day to 15 four times a day! That's quite a spread.