Introduction/Goal Thread

AmbyrJayde
AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
Here is a goal post, thread, thing!

Or introductions, but we all know each other so...

(I will update my own goal tomorrow, I gotta weigh in the morning!)

Replies

• fitelectrolyte
    fitelectrolyte Posts: 2 Member
    Goal: get my *kitten* to the gym at least 3 days a week, don't eat garbage, and do a hike with loaded pack on once a week. I need to work on my quads and overall endurance the most.
  • TQueenBee
    TQueenBee Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for setting this up!

My goal currently is to get 15k/daily for steps. I'm trying to keep my calories at 1800-2000 for weight maintaining.

Yesterday was the first time I hit my step goal with 15,068!
  • fitelectrolyte
    fitelectrolyte Posts: 2 Member
    Goal: get my *kitten* to the gym at least 3 days a week, don't eat garbage, and do a hike with loaded pack on once a week. I need to work on my quads and overall endurance the most.

I love how it changed AxSxS to "kitten".
  • AmbyrJayde

Omg, I was wondering why you said kitten! XD

For me, my non-weight related goals would be to treadmill for an hour each day, and to make sure that I stay under my calories with not terrible foods.

I can't wear my fitbit anymore it irritates my skin, so I'll have to find a way to log the treadmill time. (Which I could just take a picture of the panel I guess?)
  • TQueenBee
    AmbyrJayde wrote: »

For me, my non-weight related goals would be to treadmill for an hour each day, and to make sure that I stay under my calories with not terrible foods.

I can't wear my fitbit anymore it irritates my skin, so I'll have to find a way to log the treadmill time. (Which I could just take a picture of the panel I guess?)

Yeah, I think any type of logging would work. Wow, this site has a lot of features :eek:
  • AmbyrJayde
    TQueenBee wrote: »
    AmbyrJayde wrote: »

Yeah, I think any type of logging would work. Wow, this site has a lot of features :eek:

I love love love MFP, the database is huge and you can log just about anything, exercise or food. It's the only weight loss/fitness app I've stuck with. Probably because of the log in streaks.
  • TQueenBee
    Good morning ladies! Let's get to work today! :)
  • AmbyrJayde
    TQueenBee wrote: »
    Good morning ladies! Let's get to work today! :)

GOOD MORNING!
  • oJenniLeigho
    oJenniLeigho Posts: 9 Member
    My "re-start"/continuation is technically Sunday- as I'm starting with a local friend. (I'll grocery-shop tomorrow and meal-prep Saturday...)
    Buuuut, my goals are still the same as they'll be. I want to get back into the habit of daily exercise. I've given into my chronic illness far too much these past couple months and napped my exercise time away.
    I need to listen to my doctor and get back on track with regular eating. I'm doing the LCHF as much as I can (I get icky eating too much meat...) as it's good with PCOS, and if I can get that under control again, everything will be easier. So, another goal is to get back into the daily food tracking/journaling so I can pin-point what meats and such I CAN handle better so I can stick with them.
    Weight-wise I'm aiming for at least 2 pounds a week loss. My doc wants me to go slower (history of ED...) but since I'm being accountable through y'all... I feel like I'll behave myself :)
  • jenalenadingdong
    jenalenadingdong Posts: 3 Member
    I'm MatildaJones :) My goals are to get back in shape to where I was two years ago - we've moved and had a lot of upheaval with jobs/etc and I've been stress eating my way through it. So I don't care as much about the weight as just stopping myself from over snacking and eating junk. And go to the gym4x/week. I predict now that the kids are out of school I'll be there even more so I can get an hour to myself. I was lifting pretty heavy a few years ago but I had to cut back due to ankle/shoulder/hip injuries so I'm focusing more on cardio/endurance and lifting without stressing those joints. Maybe some yoga in there too.

This group is awesome because I need some accountability and I figure I "see" you guys every day so I feel like it will stick more with this group of random internet people than with another truly random group of Internet people :smile:

• TQueenBee
    My "re-start"/continuation is technically Sunday- as I'm starting with a local friend. (I'll grocery-shop tomorrow and meal-prep Saturday...)
    Buuuut, my goals are still the same as they'll be. I want to get back into the habit of daily exercise. I've given into my chronic illness far too much these past couple months and napped my exercise time away.
    I need to listen to my doctor and get back on track with regular eating. I'm doing the LCHF as much as I can (I get icky eating too much meat...) as it's good with PCOS, and if I can get that under control again, everything will be easier. So, another goal is to get back into the daily food tracking/journaling so I can pin-point what meats and such I CAN handle better so I can stick with them.
    Weight-wise I'm aiming for at least 2 pounds a week loss. My doc wants me to go slower (history of ED...) but since I'm being accountable through y'all... I feel like I'll behave myself :)
    I'm MatildaJones :) My goals are to get back in shape to where I was two years ago - we've moved and had a lot of upheaval with jobs/etc and I've been stress eating my way through it. So I don't care as much about the weight as just stopping myself from over snacking and eating junk. And go to the gym4x/week. I predict now that the kids are out of school I'll be there even more so I can get an hour to myself. I was lifting pretty heavy a few years ago but I had to cut back due to ankle/shoulder/hip injuries so I'm focusing more on cardio/endurance and lifting without stressing those joints. Maybe some yoga in there too.

This group is awesome because I need some accountability and I figure I "see" you guys every day so I feel like it will stick more with this group of random internet people than with another truly random group of Internet people :smile:

I feel like I know all those feels you're both having. I know FitBit has really helped with my accountability. Sometimes you can catch them on Amazon for great prices. I've been walking a few times with Electro now, and it drives me to do better every time :D
  • chantal137
    chantal137 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, everyone. I want to become more active again, cut down on the wine and eat healthy food. For now, I just want to get 10,000 steps a day and go from there.
  • chantal137
    Oh, I'm Vanyanka BTW.
  • TQueenBee
    chantal137 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone. I want to become more active again, cut down on the wine and eat healthy food. For now, I just want to get 10,000 steps a day and go from there.
    Oh, I'm Vanyanka BTW.

It's my lover. <3
  • chantal137

I will crush you, TQ. How many times have we been up running in place before deadline? Now it's all Electro, Electro, Electro.
  • TQueenBee
    I will crush you, TQ. How many times have we been up running in place before deadline? Now it's all Electro, Electro, Electro.

Lol, it's true. You were my first midnight running partner. We'll always share that bond :')
  • TQueenBee
    Good morning everyone!

postimg.org/image/yu1kvq5cr/

Not sure how all this works yet, but here's my FitBit log for yesterday.

Hit all my goals :smiley: