Costco is selling LCHF/Keto friendly protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @ Ralflott I haven't had any issues, but maltitol is really the one item that hurts my stomach. I don't seem to have sensitivity to xylitol.

I tried the chocolate brownie one now as well. Also tasty. They seem to have less of the grit that I've been encountering in Quest. Not sure if I am lying to myself, but I like these better. Quest still has better selection and chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie wouldn't be my go-to flavors, but again, can't beat the economics!

I agree, Quest and Oh Yeah! One bars have them beat texture and flavor wise! Just not price wise :) I love the double chocolate chunk and Smores Quest bars.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I know these and other "nutrition" bars are convenient and tempting. But real food, the stuff without an ingredient list longer than the Manhattan phone book, is always preferable. These things really ought to be saved for when real food is for some reason unavailable -- you're traveling or being held prisoner by Martians or something along those lines.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    ekat120 wrote: »
    I picked these up yesterday and tried the chocolate chip one. I liked it. No stomach issues. They're basically just Costco brand Quest bars, right? Love how much cheaper they are.

The fiber is very different from quest. Quest now uses soluble corn fiber, but they used to use ISO - which was MUCH tastier... in fact, the switch to corn fiber broke my addiction to them and I havent had one in a long time now because they just dont taste the same. But Oh Yeah One bars still use the ISO and the birthday cake one is awesome :) Not cheaper really though...

I tried the costco ones and they were decent, but not addictive for me at least :) I didnt like the brownie one at all and gave those to my son. Finishing up the choc chip but prob wont buy any more.

Huh. Apparently I still have a lot to learn! :)

I haven't tried the brownie one yet. I had a Quest choc chip one today, and I think I like the Costco one better. The Costco one is definitely chewier/denser.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yes the new way Quest makes them is terrible, at least to me personally. THe ISO fiber was awesome but they got sued or something over it (it can spike blood sugar despite being fiber? Something like that).

But the new taste is just way off, the texture is different, everything. But Oh Year ONE bars are great!
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I know these and other "nutrition" bars are convenient and tempting. But real food, the stuff without an ingredient list longer than the Manhattan phone book, is always preferable. These things really ought to be saved for when real food is for some reason unavailable -- you're traveling or being held prisoner by Martians or something along those lines.

I agree! I plan to get two boxes for an upcoming road trip through the Midwest (4 states, maybe 5, over two weeks) but honestly they're way more for my husband who is not as devoted to eating healthy like I am. Fingers crossed that these bars will help keep him away from choosing fast and processed foods. Or helping me out when the menu is just not healthy. Our first stop will be visiting my dad, I plan to take over his kitchen and pack a cooler full of healthy snacks too.