share your Egg-Less breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    this is not egg free, however it is not egg-predominant. And it is very good: Bacon, Cheese & Spinach Breakfast Bowl
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    got this idea from Lynn Terry, aka the "low carb traveler"... I eat 2 ounces of pecans and 1/4 cup of full fat cottage cheese. one of those sounds weird/tastes good kinda things.

Doesn't sound weird to me. I LOVE cottage cheese with nuts and it's the BEST with pecans with walnuts being a close second! And, I agree that it's quite satiating.

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Carbmaster yogurt 4 carbs from Fry's/Kroger, one minute flax seed muffin (has lots of fiber and good oils, made with one egg but not egg-y tasting, coffee with whole cream.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    These require making them in advance and do contain eggs but wow they are good!! You can play around with them to get them to your liking easily! http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-breakfast-balls-98774?photo=367816
  • pjdunning
    pjdunning Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    got this idea from Lynn Terry, aka the "low carb traveler"... I eat 2 ounces of pecans and 1/4 cup of full fat cottage cheese. one of those sounds weird/tastes good kinda things. I usually wait till lunch time to eat and it keeps me full for a long time and I really like it.

I got this from her too! Very tasty and satisfying.

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've been loving some low carb pancakes since last I replied to this thread. Technically, they have a lot of eggs in them. But, if you can find a recipe that tickles your taste buds just right, you won't notice any eggy flavor. I really like the low carb coconut flour pancakes recipe from alldayidreamaboutfood dot com. Soooo yummy with a little sugar free syrup and bacon or sausage (turkey sausage for me).
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm a big Greek yogurt fan, especially after reading that the carb count for yogurt is LESS than what is shown on the container.
    http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/yogurt.html

Fun fact about yogurt: In some mysterious fashion, we became the proud parents of two eight week old kittens on Memorial Day. After they begged and begged, I did some online research and found out that when home-made and long-fermented, like the yogurt that I've been making for months now, it's actually as good for kittens as for old ladies with cranky digestive systems. The four of us have our yogurt every morning; the kittens don't get sweetener or fruit but they lap it right up.

fu84zo4ehplj.jpg
  • jill9636
    jill9636 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    These require making them in advance and do contain eggs but wow they are good!! You can play around with them to get them to your liking easily! http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-breakfast-balls-98774?photo=367816

I am totally going to make these! thanks for sharing!!

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Not exactly 'egg-less', but what about cream cheese pancakes? You can batch cook them and reheat them.

1 egg & 1oz full fat cream cheese (I use goat cheese), makes a good thick 8" pancake. 2 pancakes make a really filling meal. Just whizz together well in the blender, melt a little butter a pan & cook like a normal pancake (quite high heat).

Make plain, or use garlic & herb cream cheese for a savory taste. They also work great cold and folded in half with filling: cold meat, tuna mayo, cheese, whatever you fancy!

Oh, and a side of bacon, of course :wink:

So going to make these! My kiddos love pancakes ask for them every Saturday, so hard to have to cook them but not get to eat any lol. Thank you for sharing!
  • koochhill
    koochhill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat more veggies for breakfast so I have been stir-frying broccoli and/or cauliflower (or any veggie) with any fat (evoo, butter, coconut oil) and then a touch of guten free soy sauce. U can add meat or not, but I had too much meat and cheese lately. Also, I do peppers and chicken like fajita filling but just put it in bowl. Again, use a fat to cook and then season.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Not exactly 'egg-less', but what about cream cheese pancakes? You can batch cook them and reheat them.

1 egg & 1oz full fat cream cheese (I use goat cheese), makes a good thick 8" pancake. 2 pancakes make a really filling meal. Just whizz together well in the blender, melt a little butter a pan & cook like a normal pancake (quite high heat).

Make plain, or use garlic & herb cream cheese for a savory taste. They also work great cold and folded in half with filling: cold meat, tuna mayo, cheese, whatever you fancy!

Oh, and a side of bacon, of course :wink:

So going to make these! My kiddos love pancakes ask for them every Saturday, so hard to have to cook them but not get to eat any lol. Thank you for sharing!

couldn't wait till the weekend to make this they were delicious!! Definitely need a non stick pan, they weren't pretty but oh so good :-)
  • Jacc4856
    Jacc4856 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of coconut flour pancake batter and then form them into pancake shape and wrap in plastic wrap to keep in the refrigerator. Whenever I want one I just take it out and cook it, takes 2 minutes. And they are delicious

Coconut flour
    Eggs
    Melted butter
    Cream of tartar
    Heavy cream