How many times do you work out?

Options

Replies

• DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I change every four weeks. But at a minimum, a half hour of kundalini yoga every day.

Four times a week, about 50 minutes of cardio (MMA-style stuff or step aerobics or urban rebounding mostly) and 25 minutes of weight training (different exercises each day and never the same muscle group two days in a row; I have a home gym) with jump rope intervals between sets.

Two days a week, 40-45 minutes of kettlebells (one more cardio style with a lighter kettlebell, usually 15/20 pounds and one with more rests so I use a 25 pound kettlebell for most exercises). I follow the kettlebell workouts with enough cardio to hit 75-80 minutes of exercise (not counting the aforementioned yoga).

One day a week with a little over 90 minutes of cardio but that is the day I go out to eat at a restaurant so I need the calories.

Was doing Pilates for awhile but I have come to the conclusion that I'm not that big of a Pilates fan. Sometimes I add 15-20 minutes of treadmill intervals if I need a few more calories burned before dinner. Also I was taking the stairs to my office twice a day (I work on the 8th floor) but had to stop that for the summer because the stairwell is not climate controlled and I don't want to be drenched in sweat when I reach my floor.

Wish I could walk my dog but she has torn ligaments in both knees and a chronic illness, the medication for which means she is not recovering as quickly as she otherwise would and which makes her a poor candidate for surgery. But I average around 14,000 steps a day just from the rest of that.

It might seem like a lot but I simply am not satisfied with ~1200 calories per day. ~1700 is the minimum I need to get by without being crabby and I'd prefer ~1900 or ~2000. But that means exercise. I have the time and a workout room with tons of equipment in my basement so it's a compromise I'm willing to make.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 6 months pregnant so my routine has changed but generally I do 60 - 90 minutes of road cycling 4 days a week and strength training 3x a week, I do Strong Lifts 5X5, followed by 20 minutes of cardio.

Since I've been pregnant I've been doing lighter free weights, spinning, and 10-15K steps a day. I'm excited to go back to my old routine after baby!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I do heavy lifting, compound exercises, 1 hour, 2 days a week. I'm in my 50's so it takes me longer to recover. I'd love to do 3 days, but then wouldn't be able to do anything else :# Then I do two nights of Argentine Tango (90-120 minutes), and once a week cross country hiking (90 minutes) with my dog, and then shorter daily dog walks.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I run five miles of trail every day. Boring, I know, but I LOVE it!
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy weights three times a week for an hour plus 15min cardio. I used to also do two one hour cardio sessions a week but have cut it down to one as I was getting too tired by the end of the week. I also don,t like cardio, but I am pretty active most days and at 71 years of age I think I work out enough to keep myself fit and healthy.
  • MissFit_Megan
    MissFit_Megan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Currently I am on 6 days of heavy lifting with 30 mins of HIIT cardio before/after. My workout sessions are typically 1.5-2 hours in length. I take Sundays completely off :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    5 days of heavy lifting and about 1.5-2 hours of cardio a week
  • chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I like cardio. I aim for 5 days a week, 45-60 min.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I usually workout 5-6 days per week and about 30-90 min per day depends on what I do. 3 days for lifting program (currently ICF5x5 plus NROL4W as warmup. Just added TRX as alternative warmup). Another 2-3 days are my all-what-I-like-to-do cardio workout time, mainly Les Mills programs (Body Combat & GRIT) and once a while some Just Dance videos on YouTube.
    Most workout programs I like are cardio-based (don't like running or cycling though) but I recently found my love in weight training/ lifting (& the great result that 10+ years of cardio couldn't give me).
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    in the gym at least three times a week. 10 minutes cardio (eliptical, fast walking on treadmill, or rowing machine) then about 20 minutes of weight lifting. i also walk the dog about 1.5 miles and I try to aim for daily, but that doesn't always happen. i went to a step class at the gym in an attempt to shake things up and thinking it would be a piece of cake: STEP CLASS IS NOT THE SAME STEP CLASS FROM THE 90S. god lord, i thought i was going to die! i'm going again tonight and my goal is to not fall off!

in almost 4 months, i've lost 20 pounds - i attribute it to diet alone. i don't go to the gym everyday, so in my particular case, working out is just for fitness.

oh wait! sometimes i walk to work and back! that's a total of 4 miles!
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5/6 at the gym, doing C25K Mon,Tue,Fri, I do weights every day, boot camps on Thursday and Saturday
  • kat00_ca
    kat00_ca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work out about 4 days a week if you exclude my daily walking at work.

2 days of weight and 2 days of intense cardio. Ballgames get added to this.
  • missxlisa
    missxlisa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week. 2 days a week I do a 1-hr class called "20/20/20". 20 mins of cardio, 20 minutes of Pilates-style strength, & 20 minutes of yoga. I'd like to start lifting again, but I'm not sure how to fit it in
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week - 3 days working Stronglifts 5x5, one day kickboxing and the other two days I do HIIT bodyweight circuits
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 3x per week for 30 min. No cardio added in yet. Ideally I would love to workout 4-6x per week for 45min 4 days weights and 2 days cardio/yoga like I used to but with a toddler and infant and lack of sleep, it's not happening yet!
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-6 days per week: strength training 3 days for about 40-60 min (combination of ICF 5x5, NROL4W, or TRX) and cardio or mixture of resistance/cardio/ yoga for another 2-3 days (about 30-50 min).
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Honestly? I could do cardio everyday of my life. I love the sweat from aerobic exercises and running, however, to get the body I want I need to lift more.

Right now I workout 4-5 times a week, about a 45 minutes-hour a day. I run a few times a week (2-4) and try to do at least 20 minutes of weightlifting 4 times a week.
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I run 6 days a week. Really need to implement some core strengthening and weights, but enjoying this for now...one step at a time I figure.
  • YewDream
    YewDream Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 1.5 hour runs pretty much daily. Ideally I do strength training via video work outs a few days a week, but I've been really lax about that lately.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing sounds fun! I work out 6x/week, for about an hour a day. I do Jazzercise (NO!! We are not about leg warmers anymore!!), and have for 2 years. LOVE it.