My ramblings of motivation

Options
skipdog21
skipdog21 Posts: 23 Member
w9vfx01zlv81.jpg

When it is hardest for me to stay motivated? Always!

c9pg7yq08afp.jpg

Not eating the food I feel like I need but really just want. At night convincing myself to go to bed on time to be up at 5am. Skipping TV and going to sleep. In the morning to get up and not just hit cancel on the alarm. During the run when the voice in my head says go slow, take it easy, or it's time to walk.

6f43rrt9zmq9.jpg
rwn5lxlsodjs.jpg

At night I just have to set a cut off time and stick to it. A time that no matter what it is time to get ready for bed.

In the morning I try not to think. Alarm goes off and that means get up. Don't think about the run or anything other than get out of bed. Then go downstairs. Get dressed and only think of that. Then pre-run light breakfast and caffeine and only think of that. I go through this all the way to the street. I don't think of running until I hear the beeps for "3... 2.... 1... " on the app. It is only then that I ever let myself think about the run or exercising. It is just what I have to do.

el9uix2seaoj.jpg

Once on the run though...

wf8blqc9daja.jpg

Been "pin-ing" motivational saying to keep me motivated and find ways to make it enjoyable. I will say the Zombies, Run! app has done wonders. Having a story line and involvement/missions in each run has been huge. But Abel Township isn't talking always so been listening to techno-cardio music through Pandora. I already enjoy the music but now listen to it exclusively for exercise.

akoiz7t97rr6.jpg

Also I have been trying to "train" the voice in my head. As one saying showed:
l76019uamw3l.jpg

Been trying to work on that and tell that voice I can keep going. I have always believed most of running is a mental game. Anyone can do a mile - speed can be fast or just at a walk - but everyone can do it if they tell themselves they can. The point is that everyone, myself includes, try and get out there. So I try to tell the voice (which I am thinking about naming haha) that I can keep going when my legs and lungs are on fire.

7qcw428m99l5.jpg

The thing is though.... it has been working. The voice is still wanting me to sleep in (who's doesn't!) but I feel better, I feel happier and good about myself after I do it. I just need to keep this motivation and not let the weekends destroy it. Might take some weekend runs - light runs to let my body heal - but runs nonetheless.

g3afz34nnro4.jpg

So yes I know I am tired. I know the voice says I can't. It is cold outside, too hot, to wet, and there might be whatever. I just want a nap. I could use a burger the size of my head. Blah blah blah. I know I will stumble but everyone who tries something will fail at one point, the important part is what you do after you fall. Do you get back up or do you throw a fit? Get up, leave the dust on your *kitten* as a reminder and you run harder. You tell the voice to shut the f*** up and you get your determination. It isn't easy and it is kicking my @$$ but the alarm goes off, I get out of bed and don't think of running until Abel starts there countdown.

As I get my day started here are a few motivations that helped me get motivated this week:

ug0sgy7sd6du.jpg

7tew52lgt35b.jpg

5t3gbdpy0y27.jpg

1lqahdadh3xj.jpg

7zdp186rgyu7.jpg[/b]

I apologize for any typos or grammar issued. I did not proofread it, it was more of a flow of thought piece just to get them on "paper"

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Everyday before I train I set my intention. Usually it's something like, DO NOT GET HURT. But I also remind myself to be kind, to smile, to be an ambassador out on the trail for runners.

Yesterday I did a good job, so I don't let yesterday count. Today is all there is and Able Township is counting on us runners.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh' and Runners - sometimes there are rude people out there on the trail - like the uppity snarky girls who would take up the entire width of the trail and not let me pass, so I would have to completely stop, get off the trail and let them run past, despite myself being obviously a runner also.

THEY NEVER LAST.

Keep running Runners and don't let anything discourage you.
  • skipdog21
    skipdog21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it has been a month since I ran last. Fracture to the tibia. Hoping to be back on my feet (pun intended) in the next 2 weeks but will be biking for a while instead of running. I figure the app will do just fine with the bike since I use the GPS for tracking.

How is everyone else doing!
  • BroodyLass
    BroodyLass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using ZR for almost a year now...just about to finish season 2.