Cheesecake Factory Nutrients

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Old spaghetti factory is similar, even their salads are loaded with carbs and sugar. The only thing I can have there is the broccoli with marzcapone cheese. Their meatballs even have bread. GRRRR! I have to bring mfp with me and pre-log items before I order.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I didn't eat anything else there besides the low carb cheesecake sans crust and we don't have them near us, it was a treat for the kids because we were on a short road trip. Our dinner was using Grub Hub for a steak dinner sent to my hotel room that night.
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Uhg, this is disheartening. My best friend's son is graduating next weekend and he picked cheesecake factory as his afterwards meal. I've already been informed, that my sister and I are expected to go and help celebrate. Can't say no, we've been friends over 25 years, before she even thought of kids...
    I expect I will manage something. I have had no issues at any other restaurant, but haven't tried an indulgent one since going keto 3 months ago.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Kellryn wrote: »
    Uhg, this is disheartening. My best friend's son is graduating next weekend and he picked cheesecake factory as his afterwards meal. I've already been informed, that my sister and I are expected to go and help celebrate. Can't say no, we've been friends over 25 years, before she even thought of kids...
    I expect I will manage something. I have had no issues at any other restaurant, but haven't tried an indulgent one since going keto 3 months ago.

Take time reading over the link provided by Samantha. Eat something before you go. Choose the lesser of the evils. Eat a small portion. Take the rest home to someone or something else (I have a pig I'm raising that would love my leftovers)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    hakamruth wrote: »
    Last time I went to Cheesecake Factory I asked for a hamburger with no buns. Other than the Caesar salad, there really does not seem to be anything that would be okay for LCHF.

I used to always order the ahi tartare - it comes with avocado, ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There is stuff you can eat there.... they just don't make it easy.

Decide what you are going to eat before you leave. Lots of time to check out the menu.

I just think their menu is literally deadly for those that are unaware of it. Count me in as one of those.

Vowder
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Determine to eat clean. Why splurge?

Chicken Caesar, no croutons, double the chicken, please. Bam! You're good!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you eat fish, you can have the simply grilled salmon with broccoli and asked for sautéed spinach to replace the carbs. Hoard the butter from the bread.
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I looked over the menu online. I'll most likely have the grilled salmon with broccoli or spinach. I could have a steak, but I eat those quite often, and eat salmon a lot less often. There are a few salads that aren't so bad(if croutons and such are removed). Most of their dressings are actually low carb(but high calorie). There were a few other things, but yeah, you do have to search for them.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I went to Cheesecake Factory. I think I was on Nutrisystem or WW at the time. They had a 'low-cal' menu. Salads. They were like...500 calories a piece. seemed a lot to me, but I ordered one. The salad was HUGE, but it basically a head of lettuce with a thin vinegrette of some sort.

HA! I couldn't figure out where the 500-600 calories were hiding. And I was bamboozled how a plate of lettuce could even be that high. The vinegrette had no fat, or very little fat that I could discern. no cheese or eggs on the salad. I was so confused.

And I also started wondering...what is hiding in restaurant food, that a plate of lettuce can be this high-calorie? I never ate at a Cheesecake Factory again. And I'm now one of those weirdos who really doesn't like to dine out.