Calories from exercise...

Options
2»

Replies

• TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are having great support and a great coach! You will be race ready when the time comes, wtg!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    2 week update:

Ugh. I'm struggling due to the humidity and heat in the area where I live. Because I have exercise/allergy-induced asthma and suffer from migraines, this time of year is a killer. I'm trying to push through because I know I will see major gains in my pace come the fall.

SW: 158.4
    CW: 159.7 (First time I weighed in as more than 158.5)

No change in most of my measurements. Up 1/4 inch in my calf measurements.

6.25" wrist of dominant hand - minimum girth - Same
    10" forearm palm up open hand - maximum girth - Same
    14.125" neck looking level - minimum girth - Same
    33.5" waist - minimum girth-Same
    34.5" abdomen at navel-Same
    38.5" hips feet together - maximum girth- Same
    25.5" thigh feet 2" apart - maximum girth-Same
    15.5" calf - maximum girth -Up 1/4 inch
    30.49 Average Body Fat % - Same

FitBit calculated TDEE 2320
    Daily Caloric Intake (Avg) 2335

Exercise for the next 2 weeks looks like this:
    Monday: 2 miles Easy Run, 30 min Essentrics (ballet stretching)
    Tuesday: 2 miles Easy Run, Legs 60 min, 30 min Yoga
    Wednesday: 2 miles Easy Run, Core/Full Body 60 min
    Thursday: 3 miles + 6 Hill Sprints, 30 min Essentrics
    Friday: 2 miles Easy Run, Arms 60 min, 30 min Yoga
    Saturday: 8 miles Long Run, 30 min Essentrics
    Sunday: Rest

We're changing up the schedule since the longer runs originally scheduled were going to be too difficult on my lungs. I still have to get in my miles, so we broke them down into daily runs.

My trainer thinks I'm ready to try a cut and we discussed how to go about it. So starting today, I'll be lowering my caloric intake to 1880, which is a 500-calorie reduction per day based on my original Fitbit calculated TDEE. We'll keep to this schedule and eating plan for 2 weeks and then check back in again. Hopefully, I will see some change in measurements after the next two weeks.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the heat and humidity, same thing here and some days it really does not help. But I take the hot wethear over the cold weather anytime ;)
    I'm glad your trainer is working with you. Let us know how the cut goes!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    After my first 10 days of workouts that were on hot days (had late spring rains and temps) with all the extra sweating compared to prior - gained 3 lbs.

My cut short ride on Sun had me losing 4 lbs for 2 hrs despite drinking 3 lbs of fluids. So really - lost 7 lbs of fluids.

When you look at 64 oz of water in a container - it's hard to imagine that much mostly being lost from blood supply, though some other water sources pulled in and then lost. Still.

Do you reach a point in the summer where allergies are down enough for less effect?

Since it's the stress of breathing at certain rate and volume too - have you thought about run / walk intervals just to take a load off the system as a whole?
    It allows you to still hit a desired pace for practice of form (compared to slowing way down), while still allowing you to hit desired time on your feet, even if not exact distance or impact - but it's been shown to still help.

Most of my running is run / walk except for the race - and a few well placed training sessions.

At least a lot can still be gained from that 8 mile run.

One suggestion on the deficit amount and days it's taken.

Your long run by default is going to be slower (probably) than your shorter runs - therefore the ratio of fat to carb burned as energy source will be higher fat.

Well, no need to refuel the fat - everyone has plenty of that - mainly need the carbs.

Suggest you float 100 calories of deficit to that big run day from both Fri and Sun, making those 400 cal deficit days instead. 700 on Sat.
    Since Fri will be smaller deficit - you'll be more refilled for glucose stores on Sat.
    Plan eating well for enough prior to run to keep brain straight, and enough after for good recovery.

I'll bet 700 on that large TDEE day will still be a smaller % of the total.