My own worst enemy

Options
loobe1066
loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
I take 2 cocodamol 30mg/500mg every morning with breakfast, if I am good I will take two more at lunchtime or early afternoon. However when I am bad like today I think at lunchtime I'm not in pain so don't take any had a meeting at work about returning at the end of the month when I get back in pain but not too bad so don't take cocodamol until 8:30pm. Now sat up in bed wishing I had taken them earlier in the day so ,I might not be in so much pain now

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Phone alarms-- so helpful for med reminders!
  • loobe1066
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Phone alarms-- so helpful for med reminders!

Thanks I did that a couple of times before for meds I had to take at certain times. The problem here is not remembering to take them it's more I'm not in pain at the moment or the pain isn't too bad and thinking I can manage without them this is I part due to the nice side effect of constipation
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Would acupuncture help with pain relief? I am finding it helpful in keeping me upright, and minimal use of pain meds. I started once a week a year ago, and now go every 7-10 days. It doesn't cure all ills, but it is such a big help with my pain issues.
  • loobe1066
    Options
    Not tried it for my arthritis. Had it yrs ago for frozen shoulder when I had physio. I will give it some thought
  • Gogohobbs
    Gogohobbs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Acupuncture has helped me a lot with the mental side of pain. It really makes me feel more positive ..
  • cjdsign
    cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Acupuncture is wonderful and decreased my med intake! However, at the time I did have to drive home, which tenses me up no matter what, so my advice is to have a driver so you can reap the benefits longer!! Hugs, CJ