Weightwatchers

Options
eileen1934
eileen1934 Posts: 21 Member
Has anybody used weightwatchers on line to lose weight. I have a gluten free diet, and I was wondering how this would work. I am having problems losing weight and thought that perhaps a change of diet might work. Would appreciate any help with this.

Replies

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I do not have any experience with Weightwatchers, but do with gluten free. There are many more Gf options now but one thing likely has not changed. Many of the Gf flour types used have an extremely high glycemic index which will raise insulin levels. That will make it more difficult to drop fat from the body. In my case, I believe it was one of many factors involved in developing diabetes. If you use a decent amount of GF flour, pastries, bread, you should be proactive in testing your glucose levels after meals to see how your body reacts. Good luck in your search.
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers through the meetings. I enjoyed the social aspect of the meetings. I did lose a lot of weight, but never reached lifetime so got discouraged. Also, couldn't keep paying for the meetings. This was before diabetes though, and I don't worry about gluten.
  • eileen1934
    Options
    Thanks for help. Have decided not to go to weightwatchers but to eat less of gluten free products such as bread.
  • eileen1934
    Options
    Would like to know the breakdown of carbs, fats, protein and calories to lose weight. Really need to lose about 25 lbs
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    There s an automatic formal here on MFP where they will do the calculations for you. look under settings.
  • eileen1934
    Options
    Thankyou. I am still trying to find my way on this site
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    eileen1934 wrote: »
    Thankyou. I am still trying to find my way on this site

If you're even curious about low-carb diets (there are many, some pleasant and some just nasty), you might enjoy browsing the LCD Launch Pad in the Low Carbers Daily group on MFP.

It's a select collection of good resources - including a couple of calculators.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest

Good luck!
  • eileen1934
    Options
    Thankyou will take a good look and get some info on low carb diets
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    eileen1934 wrote: »
    Thankyou will take a good look and get some info on low carb diets

They're not for everyone, but most T2Ds I know who have stuck with some low carb diet for a month or longer have had good outcomes (lower BG and successful weight loss).
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    TOPS.org (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is another good option for real life group support.
  • sheilaparsleyministries
    Options
    I'm starting weightwatchers August 1st