Egg Fast Anyone? Need to get back into ketosis.

Options
2»

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    If you're asking why not to drink ice cold water - I just recently learned that if you have thyroid or adrenal issues, it can spike cortisol and throw everything off to drink cold water... I'd had no idea, either.

Hmm. I had no idea. I love my ice water.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I just made the pancakes from the I breathe I'm hungry site. They are pretty darn good with a little butter on them.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I just made the pancakes from the I breathe I'm hungry site. They are pretty darn good with a little butter on them.

I'm not even on an egg fast and I had those for breakfast this morning. :) They are a yummy addition if I am not going to the gym first thing in the morning.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    And could they be any easier? And modifiable...can change taste with substitutions for cinnamon.
  • koochhill
    koochhill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I completed 3 days, got back into ketosis and lost 4.3 lbs! I really didn't mind. The recipes r good and now I am back to LCHF. Biggest plus...my eating is healthy again with no constant cravings for sweets.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Just ate 600+ calories over my daily goals on this egg fast. I felt so hungry! But I stayed on the fast plan. I'm interested to see what happens after 3 days.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Interesting combinations of egg n cheese in there.
  • RowdysLady
    edited June 2016
    Options
    yeah, it's all butter, cheese and eggs. I've not eaten anything yet today and still deciding if I'm going to keep going. I could not stop feeling hungry after my first bite of egg yesterday. I tried to keep the cheese under 1ounce per egg.

edited to add: My normal first meal was eggs with some sort of meat. I wonder if eating all this extra meat is what's causing me not to feel hunger on Keto. Because my gut is so different than everyone else's from the gastric bypass it could very well be the dense protein that keeps me satisfied vs. the fats or in conjunction with the fats. Even my BPC didn't fill me up yesterday but yesterday was the first time I'd have it without any HWC.

This morning I'm drinking my BPC sans HWC and my normal water. I'm going to see how I feel after that and if I'm feeling crazy hungry my eggs will be accompanied by bacon.

• change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Going to start this tomorrow only for 3 days and see how it goes!