Questions, Struggles, Progress

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Elpha25 wrote: »

Try having alternatives close-by. I use 10 calorie jelly, popcorn, 35g bags of chocolate, light cereal bars and meringues. I dip into these when I need something sweet. Allow yourself a late night snack, factor it in to mfp but put a calorie limit on it and stick to it. Try keeping yourself busy - read a magazine, knit/crotchet, manicure, have a bath. It's about finding a balance that works for you.

This. :)
  • rickc74
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    I'm always so terrified to weigh myself after I've eaten junk lol.. but maybe it is a good idea just to keep you focused!

I agree with this completely. I love weighing in daily - the feedback keeps me working hard and on top of things. I have some slight fluctuations up and down day to day, even when I think I ate good, but I know that is normal and will even itself out.
    I have such a hard time staying on track on the weekend, do you guys have any tips on how to stay on my game?
    Pure will power, for the most part, I find. I find it tougher at work sometimes, with the stuff people bring in and offer to share (we had a bakery open nearby, and someone keeps buying a giant loaf of bread stuffed with ham and cheese. Seriously?!?!??!). But, I know what I want to do, and how I plan to get there, and that results are happening, so I stick to it. Again, most things are ok in moderation, so have a treat, just a smaller one, and not all the time :)
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    You guys! I had the most delicious dinner and part of it was from my garden (just the lettuce lol) but a good start to the weekend :)

4pr9dxikcu8l.jpeg
  • rickc74
    Yum!
  • Brittles927
    How's everyone doing this month? Anyone have some NSV's they'd like to share? Struggles?
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm focused. I have been walking more. Stuggle right now is the week it is and not giving into cravings. So far I've done pretty good.
  • Brittles927
    That's awesome! I'm making a mini goal for this week to do a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise every day - yesterday I went for a walk with my kiddo and hubby :)

Sometimes if I'm having a tough week I'll write down my goals and put them up in areas that I get tempted (fridge or snack cupboard) and that helps a lot! Just keep reminding yourself of why you're doing it, you've got this! <3
  • typeitdaily
    Great idea!!
  • rickc74
    I noticed my progress the most when I took my kids to Canada's Wonderland last week. I fit in the roller coasters so much better now. Turns out, that 30lbs has made a difference :)
  • Brittles927
    That's awesome! Congrats, that's a great NSV and SV
  • typeitdaily
    I just realized tonight that my shins don't hurt when walking long distances anymore. I can walk over 3 miles and keep on going!
  • rickc74
    That's awesome! Congrats, that's a great NSV and SV
    Thanks. It was definately a nice surprise.
  • rickc74
    I just realized tonight that my shins don't hurt when walking long distances anymore. I can walk over 3 miles and keep on going!
    Nice. Gotta love it!
  • Brittles927
    So excited to have made it through the weekend without gaining weight!! I usually put on 2+ pounds every weekend from eating junk, and then re-lose it during the following week. It's an endless battle. I'm so excited to see good results this week! :)
  • rickc74
    That's awesome, good for you!
  • rickc74
    I am down to my last belt loop! I've had this belt about 20 years, and it's been a looooooooooong time since I've used the final loop :)
  • Brittles927
    That's awesome congratulations!!
  • typeitdaily
    My husband wears a size large sweatshirt and I was able to wear it and zip it when we were walking tonight.
  • rickc74
    That's awesome congratulations!!
    Thanks!
  • rickc74
    My husband wears a size large sweatshirt and I was able to wear it and zip it when we were walking tonight.

Awesome! I've got some clothes I've been able to fit into again recently, so I know the feeling. Great work.