share your tips please

Options
Lori_Pensel
Lori_Pensel Posts: 34 Member
For those of you who are further in your journey can you please share some of the things you have learned along the way, some tips for success and what you have learned to help us newer to the journey be as successful as you have been. Your success is so inspirational!!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I second everything here!
  • cmcm789
    cmcm789 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wish it had been stressed to me to take advantage of the time that you are loosing easily, go to the gym create as many good habits as you can. Once the honeymoon period of weight loss is over loosing becomes hard, easily frustrated and fall back into old bad habits. Be thankful for the nausea, the dumping, not wanting to eat, as bad as you think it is, I wish that time period would have continued. Get in your protein, water and vitamins and the rest will take care of itself.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiments about taking pictures and measurements...I regret not doing it! To be honest, I think a small part of me thought I would fail so I just didn't bother. I haven't taken a "fat pants" picture yet because I have an irrational fear that they won't actually be too big!

I was a strictly weight every day (that I could) sort of girl for the first year or so of my total journey. As I approached a normal weight, this became more frustrating than motivating and now only record once a week. Note I said record...lol...I don't weigh every day but sometimes I like to get on the scale after a good run and see what the future COULD be.

For all the changes you'll have to make, choose 1 or 2 things to focus on at a time during your prep period. I am a very thirsty person so not eating and drinking at the same time was a tough habit to break; also, having to sip instead of guzzle and still get in my gallon a day. I felt parched for months after my surgery just because it was physically impossible for me to drink enough.