True Confessions of Weight Loss Survivors

Options

Replies

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have several bras that fit in different ways, but my favorite has a leopard print on it so I can't always wear it of course. I have two that are kind of snug and 2 that are kind of loose. My favorite bra I call the non-bra because it's SO worn out that it's barely noticeable. It's loose around my ribs, which I love (because I hate bras), but it's so raggedy that I literally have a band-aid on each of the straps to keep pieces of the cloth in place. Pathetic LOL, but I refuse to let go of it's wondrous comfort ;) Plus I hate the cost...darn things.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I wasn't very big chested to begin with but now mine are pretty much all gone! I'm pretty sure I can go braless and it wouldn't matter. oqqmwj2pq4d7.jpg

:lol:
    I light a candle every now and then in remembrance of my dearly departed DDs. :disappointed:
    On the plus side, bras are so much cheaper now. But then, there isn't much to cover. There isn't even enough bounce during exercise to merit switching from a reg bra to a sports bra even when doing burpees. Le sigh... Too bad my thighs and lower belly refused to share and pass some of their extra northwards. The jerks...

Sadly, I'm one of those who WISHES and PRAYS for this to happen. All my life, whatever the trigger, they just keep growing, and never seem to deflate. They were a C in elementary, a D going into HS, a DD graduating, and somewhere between a DDD and an I, depending on the measuring scale after nursing and such. I finally lost some weight in my feet (my feet spread and grew a true size while pregnant - well they went up 2 sizes, then after delivery back down one), and so none of my shoes fit.

All bras are losing in the band size, but not much in the cup, though I have "shallow" or settling proportions (thanks, breastfeeding), and so the cup sizes is SO hard to fit for me... I would do just about anything to be able to shop in a normal store, even for DD's! UGH

And i don't really have much faith that they will deflate much more, as both my grandmothers had similar issues into their 90's... :/
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    My chest size is hereditary too...Grandma on my dad's side was VERY well endowed. Oh...FEET....Every time I gain weight my shoe size goes up and thankfully it goes down when I lose. When I'm at goal weight my shoe size is a 10 or 10.5 so gaining weight puts me in an 11. So hard to find shoes. When I go to the department store for shoes I start with the boxes under the sample to see if my size exists. Once I see an 11 I then decide if I think I like the shoe. Looking at the shoe first only causes horrible disappointment when the cute shoes don't come in my size.

And ordering them online? Ugh...I hate the hassle when they don't fit right and have to send em back. I will never be one of those women with a closet for shoes only!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    I wasn't very big chested to begin with but now mine are pretty much all gone! I'm pretty sure I can go braless and it wouldn't matter. oqqmwj2pq4d7.jpg

:lol:
    I light a candle every now and then in remembrance of my dearly departed DDs. :disappointed:
    On the plus side, bras are so much cheaper now. But then, there isn't much to cover. There isn't even enough bounce during exercise to merit switching from a reg bra to a sports bra even when doing burpees. Le sigh... Too bad my thighs and lower belly refused to share and pass some of their extra northwards. The jerks...

Sadly, I'm one of those who WISHES and PRAYS for this to happen. All my life, whatever the trigger, they just keep growing, and never seem to deflate. They were a C in elementary, a D going into HS, a DD graduating, and somewhere between a DDD and an I, depending on the measuring scale after nursing and such. I finally lost some weight in my feet (my feet spread and grew a true size while pregnant - well they went up 2 sizes, then after delivery back down one), and so none of my shoes fit.

All bras are losing in the band size, but not much in the cup, though I have "shallow" or settling proportions (thanks, breastfeeding), and so the cup sizes is SO hard to fit for me... I would do just about anything to be able to shop in a normal store, even for DD's! UGH

And i don't really have much faith that they will deflate much more, as both my grandmothers had similar issues into their 90's... :/

I had to order G cups while breastfeeding.
    Now I just have sad little things. And I feel you on the "settling." Urgh.
    DH mourns them more. I don't really miss them that much. They were a backache-generating PITA. But going from always busty to almost flat chested is weird. And now I'm self-conscious about being the president of the Itty Bitty Commitee... :neutral:
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to spend the money on an extra. Just two bras that fit you properly. Your confidence will improve dramatically.

I still wear a lot of my fat clothes. I sew, so I just Ayer my clothes as I lose weight. There are days where it's discouraging to be in the same clothes, and I just need a new t shirt or dress to feel pretty. One thing I haven't touched is bras. While I absolutely detest spending money on them, and am known to wear them until they literally fall apart, having two that fit properly, twice a year, has been super encouraging and uplifting (literally- ha!)

Give yourself a treat, lady. Your tatas will thank you!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    My chest size is hereditary too...Grandma on my dad's side was VERY well endowed. Oh...FEET....Every time I gain weight my shoe size goes up and thankfully it goes down when I lose. When I'm at goal weight my shoe size is a 10 or 10.5 so gaining weight puts me in an 11. So hard to find shoes. When I go to the department store for shoes I start with the boxes under the sample to see if my size exists. Once I see an 11 I then decide if I think I like the shoe. Looking at the shoe first only causes horrible disappointment when the cute shoes don't come in my size.

And ordering them online? Ugh...I hate the hassle when they don't fit right and have to send em back. I will never be one of those women with a closet for shoes only!

• Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    Confession: I still have (and wear) my fat undies. I'm currently hovering between a 14/16 and my u dies are at a 22/24. I keep looking at new ones then walking away terrified because I'm just NOT convinced that a 14/16 will actually, truly, fit me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I bought some replacement undies a while ago and still bought too big. I bought large and actally needed a medium. I swear the large fit worse than my XLs because they weren't "shaped" to the right fit yet. LOL

I'm one who really enjoys when my breasts shrink, and I wasn't big to begin with. I prefer small. It's easier to buy bras, and exercise is not painful. They don't get it the way for stuff like basketball. Clothes fit easier too, although I have found that many shirts gape a bit around my chest and I have to be careful of low cut shirts. I have broad shoulders and a bit of a barrel chest so I can't go too small in shirts or it is quite tight across the shoulders. Tank tops are the hardest to fit. I often buy mens' shirts because the shoulders, arms and length fit better - just the hips are a bit snug because there is no flare there.

My gulity confession is maternity clothes. When I was heavier I wore some maternity clothes for the comfort and (sadly) a better fit. The pants were nicely stretchy around my apple shape, and shirts were often pleated just below the breast which hid my belly better than the average shirt did. LOL :blush: I didn't wear any that were too obviously maternity (longer in the front than in the back) but I wonder if anyone noticed sometimes.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    I haven't minded my breasts shrinking either @nvmomketo. I had F's/G's when breastfeeding, but used to be a C. I'm currently between a D and a DD, depending on the bra. As things get a bit smaller, it's easier to fit my clothing. I have an hourglass figure, and my waist is pretty small for my frame size and overall size. Finding shirts that fit my bust means they're super blousy in the waist, and starting to get blousy in the tummy, too. That's not always desirable!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've always been small breasted. For this weight loss, I haven't lost boobs (or butt, butt seems thicker actually)! I think it's a keto miracle!

Even so, I am pretty finicky about bras. Since they started making athletic bras with padding, I've been wearing those a lot. I add my own inserts to non-padded athletic bras as well.

All I need from a bra is padding and a wide band to tuck in my under arm fat. But most smaller sized normal bras are so skinny. I thought about getting one done custom, but it's a bit of a risk/investment as I'm not sure I can measure myself correctly and I *know* even the fancy bra shops don't measure correctly!

EDIT: I *am* wearing a real bra today. I bought it like 2 years ago for $120 at a local bra shop and was measured by the owner and everything. But it never fit quite right. It's okay, but retailers suck at the strap/cup sizing. It's a 32 B but I think a 30 C would fit a lot better. (Of course they don't stock those sizes typically) :/ Why are bands so big in proportion to cup sizes?!?
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    I think I'm in the wrong thread...

Lost, little buddy?
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    im just a granny bloomer type of girl.

I may need to borrow that phrase. It's too funny and I can use it to embarrass my dear daughter in any social setting. thanks for the laugh.

You're welcome, and please do, in support of all the meek bloomer wearers everywhere! GRANNY PANTIES UNITE!!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    PS: On granny panties and the love for them here, I do love shape wear (not as much as I used to, but occasionally.) I would walk around singing "I want a girl in short shorts and looooong underwear" like the Cake song.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    I think I'm in the wrong thread...

Too funny. Love it!