Netflix/Amazon shows 2.0

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Ok I'm out of things to watch again. Suggestions? Something relatively kid friendly would be nice as I'll probably end up watching some of it when my kids are home (they're 8 and do fine with Marvel movies, so I'm not TOO worried about that anymore, even though obviously I wouldn't show them Daredevil).

Now I've seen a lot of shows obviously, among them the Marvel ones, Chuck, Buffy, XFiles, Doctor Who, Stargate, Person of Interest, Man in the High Castle, Supernatural, Castle, Grimm, the DC ones... just running out of ideas and my shows are going to end soon for the season...

Replies

• ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    iZombie is really cute. I think there is 1 or 2 seasons on Netflix.
  • Francl27
    Options
    ladyraiah wrote: »
    iZombie is really cute. I think there is 1 or 2 seasons on Netflix.

Yeah I like that one!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The 100, Firefly
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you liked Person of Interest, you might enjoy Blacklist also. It is on Netflix atm, and it's pretty good. Not too sure you want to watch it in front of young children however.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I watch all those things, lol. That's why finding something new is tough!
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Arrested Development, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Heroes, Torchwood, Peaky Blinders, Broadchurch, Parks and Recreation. I started watching Dark Matter and it seemed pretty good, but I haven't gotten far.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would watch Mythbusters if your into that.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Bump!
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pushing Daisies
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Preacher starts tonight on Amazon in the UK, looking forward to that!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Preacher starts tonight on Amazon in the UK, looking forward to that!

Jealous you get to watch it through Amazon! It's on AMC in the states, boo cable.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second iZombie. I really enjoyed it. Which surprised me.
  • Francl27
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    I'm going to second iZombie. I really enjoyed it. Which surprised me.

Yeah it's great!

Well I started White Collar and I'm hooked. Should last me a couple months.

I've seen most of what you guys recommended actually!
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This one is going to sound a bit dumb knowing the fandom, but I've just started watching Supernatural. But I have to watch it when my wife's not around, because she can't handle horror stuff.
    When I want something on in the background I've been working through first all of the Warner Cartoon Series Batman, Adventures of Superman, Young Justice and have moved onto the Marvel XD series now.
    I'll have to check out iZombie based on the praise.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I love Supernatural!

A friend let us borrow Babylon 5, so we started that. I'm not really into it though, but I guess it's something to do...
  • renku
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love Supernatural!

A friend let us borrow Babylon 5, so we started that. I'm not really into it though, but I guess it's something to do...

The first season is a tough slog, but it does get better. A lot of foundation is built and opays off in the end. You get Bruce Boxlietner in season 2 as the captain, much better
  • Francl27
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love Supernatural!

The first season is a tough slog, but it does get better. A lot of foundation is built and opays off in the end. You get Bruce Boxlietner in season 2 as the captain, much better

Yeah it's what they told us. We're at episode 6 or so now. We'll get there eventually.
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Dark Matter
  • Francl27
    Options
    bmele0 wrote: »
    Another vote for Dark Matter

I watch that and Killjoys too. Coming back in 2 weeks.

This thread just reminds me that I have no life, considering that I've already seen 90% of what you guys recommended, lol.
  • renku
    Options
    Very conflicted on the new Star Trek series, I really don't want to wade into the war of streaming services. Also as a Canadian CBS likely won't be availible here (like Hulu). Possibly one of the Canadian one will pick it up, but will that be at the cost of cutting back on my cable channels?
    But at the end of the day, I want my Trek!