Completely Unrelated to our WOE

Options
2»

Replies

• mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    From the perspective of age 70 (48 of them spent in Corporate America) I can tell you that if even one-tenth of the things I've agonized over had actually happened I'd either be a bag lady, in jail or dead.

And, if it's some small comfort, turds like that boss eventually get their just desserts, even when it takes WAAAAAY longer than it should. (Unless you're Larry Ellison, of course.)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @mandycat223 love your message. Made me smile.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Okay, I've debated with myself whether or not to post this. If you don't get my sick sense of humor, just ignore me. Here goes --

You wrote before about some jerk in a red pick-up. Well, now you've had to deal with his mother!

Sorry, I told you it was sick.

Love it!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    From the perspective of age 70 (48 of them spent in Corporate America) I can tell you that if even one-tenth of the things I've agonized over had actually happened I'd either be a bag lady, in jail or dead.

And, if it's some small comfort, turds like that boss eventually get their just desserts, even when it takes WAAAAAY longer than it should. (Unless you're Larry Ellison, of course.)

Thank you. You are correct of course!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @DittoDan I'm an RN with an MHA. Since 2007 I've worked in the Quality/Risk/Clinical Doc. Improvement arena.

Is this a job where you evaluate hospital practices? Or how can you work for a hospital from afar?

Dan
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @DittoDan I typically manage a group of people or am director of a department that analyzes medical records during the inpatient stay to ensure the providers have accurately captured all of the diagnoses with the most accurate specificity and acuity. Most medical records are electronic these days, so yes, the work can be done from afar. In my last role I provided analytics and education for the front line staff.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Thanks for all the words of encouragement! I wanted to post an update: I start my new job Monday back with my contract company but for another hospital system. I'll still get to work remotely and I'll be making a lot more money than I did at the perm job in Atlanta. Everything does work out, doesn't it? Maybe now I'll stop obsessing over how people can get away with doing things like that. Thanks everyone! This site is such great support in so many ways!!

The upside of contracting is there is always some work, some where and these days a lot of it is remote. Glad you found something so quickly. As for that person who fired you, she probably hates her job! And that kind of karma has a way of coming back around.

Next time you're at the Canton Trade Days, have a turkey leg and think of me. They don't have them around here.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new job, and the raise to go with it!! :)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad for your happy ending... or beginning! :)
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Good things come to...well...all of us who look for good things! I am certainly impressed by your positive nature and am thrilled for you! :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! I knew something better was waiting for you to find it! And you certainly didn't waste any time! Kudos and congratulations!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Knew it would work out.

1y4u13w8ehit.jpg

>:) or o:)
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on landing a better job!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hugs! Delighted for you. Great courage and determination!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :) You did it!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lovely lady, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. I'm happy it all worked out for the better for you.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    They might be of a bit limited use for you, given your field, but it might be worth checking out, since there are often non-tech jobs posted, as well (tech jobs seem to be the bulk of remote work on the dedicated boards, but that's slowly expanding), but I'm a fan of the following sites for remote-friendly and employee-centric jobs:

https://weworkremotely.com/
    https://jobs.workdifferent.com/
    https://remoteok.io/
    https://www.powertofly.com/
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thank you all!!