True Confessions of Weight Loss Survivors

Options
124»

Replies

• Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I have often thought of having breast surgery....not to make them larger is smaller...but to put them back where they belong! I hate the extra skin....arms, boobs, thighs, abdomen....sigh

Me , too. Just want them up , not hanging!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @Karlottap - Great for you! Wishing you the best through the whole process!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It's weird...I've not noticed my clothes fitting differently, except in the thigh area, maybe a bit in the waist..but my granny panties! Oh my poor, sweet Granny panties are becoming giant bloomers! Guess I'll need to get more. Or wear saggy bottom bloomers lol
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori - With Grannies, you can take a straight stitch up each side to take off some inches, then do a 1-1.5" foldover on the top (1/2" if the elastic is mission critical). You can also use the liquid stitch fabric glue, but a zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine provides more elastic stretch. As much as I paid for all mine, I'll be doing that after intentionally shrinking them in the dryer doesn't work anymore. I already had to ditch my largest size ones when even tucking them under my belly flap didn't help keep them up anymore. I looked like the kid whose diaper needed to be changed! LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    I wasn't very big chested to begin with but now mine are pretty much all gone! I'm pretty sure I can go braless and it wouldn't matter. oqqmwj2pq4d7.jpg

:lol:
    I light a candle every now and then in remembrance of my dearly departed DDs. :disappointed:
    On the plus side, bras are so much cheaper now. But then, there isn't much to cover. There isn't even enough bounce during exercise to merit switching from a reg bra to a sports bra even when doing burpees. Le sigh... Too bad my thighs and lower belly refused to share and pass some of their extra northwards. The jerks...

Sadly, I'm one of those who WISHES and PRAYS for this to happen. All my life, whatever the trigger, they just keep growing, and never seem to deflate. They were a C in elementary, a D going into HS, a DD graduating, and somewhere between a DDD and an I, depending on the measuring scale after nursing and such. I finally lost some weight in my feet (my feet spread and grew a true size while pregnant - well they went up 2 sizes, then after delivery back down one), and so none of my shoes fit.

All bras are losing in the band size, but not much in the cup, though I have "shallow" or settling proportions (thanks, breastfeeding), and so the cup sizes is SO hard to fit for me... I would do just about anything to be able to shop in a normal store, even for DD's! UGH

And i don't really have much faith that they will deflate much more, as both my grandmothers had similar issues into their 90's... :/

Had to share that I was able to buy some layer-able sports bras at WM on clearance this past weekend. They aren't supportive (instructions say wear 1 for lounging, 2 for walking, 3 for jogging, etc.), but it was the first decently fitting ones I've found I could buy in a non-specialty store. No regular ones, though. It's the band to cup size issue that someone else mentioned.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay I'm in the same boat. I dropped off 5 boxes/bags of clothes to the women's shelter just the other day. I'd had two friends pass on some re-sized things to me, and there were some things that due to bust or hips just wouldn't ever happen, so I got rid of a ton, and things I'd been holding on to... Have a ton more to do. Need to move next month...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've donated about 9 stuffed garbage bags full of clothes. Still a few more to go. I have been ordering items in my goal weight range all along as reward/inspiration items, so now I have a lot of cute lingerie, pants and tops. I'm doing the "spark joy" method of decluttering and using that to help decide what to keep. Feels good. Another couple weeks and I should be done with the clothes piece. Can't wait.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm not holding any big clothes either! This woe is so liberating! Only size I have now is 12, and under!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori - With Grannies, you can take a straight stitch up each side to take off some inches, then do a 1-1.5" foldover on the top (1/2" if the elastic is mission critical). You can also use the liquid stitch fabric glue, but a zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine provides more elastic stretch. As much as I paid for all mine, I'll be doing that after intentionally shrinking them in the dryer doesn't work anymore. I already had to ditch my largest size ones when even tucking them under my belly flap didn't help keep them up anymore. I looked like the kid whose diaper needed to be changed! LOL

Hahahahahahaha! I wish I could double awesome this!
    And thank you for the tip!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    All this talk about boobs and butt...no idea what those things are. I'm built like a boy :\
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    All this talk about boobs and butt...no idea what those things are. I'm built like a boy :\

I will be too, my boob's and butt usually shrink significantly...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

I started out built like a boy but ate in a way that I developed B & B's over years Now my boney butt looks for padded seats.:)
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I will be too, my boob's and butt usually shrink significantly...

That's me too, but I've been lifting for two years now so I don't have much boob to lose now...though I'm sure my body will find a way :neutral: but I hope I developed enough butt muscle that I'll always have an *kitten*. If I have no boobs but I have an *kitten* at goal weight I'll count that as a win. Fingers crossed!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have used butt instead of the other option which I didn't even think was bad. It wasn't a three letter word.