Poop Talk

Options
jetsamflotsam
jetsamflotsam Posts: 170 Member
Is it possible to have easy to pass normal daily BMs while eating LC without taking extra magnesium or smooth move? If things will normalize eventually on it's own, I'm fine just waiting it out... But if not, I'd rather take care of it sooner than later... What's your "normal" while eating LC?

Replies

• LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Things should normalize for you pretty quickly eating fats and drinking water. If you are in any discomfort that is not a good thing. :(

I go a few times a week. Not daily. I am not in any discomfort. Mine are always easy to pass unlike when I did Atkins in my early 20s and drank only diet soda. That was nightmare territory.

I should note that I take a probiotic daily for other reasons so I don't know if that helps the bathroom issue....I don't take magnesium or anything like that.

I hope you find your answer soon.
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a couple tablespoons of hulled hemp seeds over my side salad when I have it. The taste kind of like sunflower seeds and are full of healthy fats,iron,and all carbs in them are from fibre. I also make sure to use my carbs up eating high fibre low carb veggies. So far no trouble keeping things moving.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I take magnesium, but it's for leg cramps, not necessarily bathroom issues. I go, usually, two to three times a week without any discomfort. If I eat veggies, I have extra bathroom time the next day, with cramping! Being carnivore agrees with my digestion!
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I take magnesium, but it's for leg cramps, not necessarily bathroom issues. I go, usually, two to three times a week without any discomfort. If I eat veggies, I have extra bathroom time the next day, with cramping! Being carnivore agrees with my digestion!

I'm like that with bread or pasta. One of the things I love about low carb is I'm never bloated. Glad veggies agree with me though cause I LOVE them.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »

This is my experience as well. The magnesium is for general magnesium bodily needs, not specifically for bathroom issues. I used to think cheese or protein was the reason I had trouble with constipation but it turns out it is vegetables that slows things down for me. I'm better with a carnivore plan.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Veggies and grains slow me right down too. Cheese will also slow me but to a lesser extent. Eggs, meat, nuts and other fatty foods seem to help me. I am more regular eating LCHF than I was before.
  • midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Probiotics and chia seeds. Seriously, chia seeds are amazing and it will happen within 2 hours of eating them. I put them in my AM green drink but I know some people make "chia seed pudding" and such. I go at least once a day now on LC diet!
  • rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How many grams do you put in your drink
    midcitycat wrote: »
    Probiotics and chia seeds. Seriously, chia seeds are amazing and it will happen within 2 hours of eating them. I put them in my AM green drink but I know some people make "chia seed pudding" and such. I go at least once a day now on LC diet!

• midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    rachelbl72 wrote: »
    How many grams do you put in your drink
    midcitycat wrote: »

I don't have an exact measurement but it's a small dinner spoonful (not heaping). A little goes a long way, and as chia seeds expand many times their original size inside your gut, you need to drink plenty of water with it. But works gently and like a charm! Also has great omega-3 content!
  • jetsamflotsam
    Options
    So today there was a new development... There was a grease slick in the water after pooping. I guess I'm getting enough fats in!! LOL!! Sorry, had to share cause it made me giggle and I knew all you LCHF crazies were the only ones who would get it too.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Not to be presumptuous, but I think I might be able to help you.

My crystal ball says you reached for a Xenical (aka Alli, orlistat) by mistake when you were taking your vitamins.
    Gastrointestinal (GI) side effects including oily spotting, flatus with discharge, fecal urgency, fatty or oily stool, oily evacuation, increased defecation, and fecal incontinence have been reported in greater than or equal to 5% of patients. Cholelithiasis has been reported in 2.9% of patients versus 1.8% in placebo. Other GI side effects possibly related to orlistat treatment have included abdominal pain and discomfort, nausea, infectious diarrhea, rectal pain and discomfort, tooth disorder, gingival disorder, and vomiting. At least one case of constipation has been reported. [WTF? -Ed.] Pancreatitis has also been reported during postmarketing experience.
    4oii51zwhuet.jpg
    Xenical may be the pharmaceutical... from a close personal friend of mine .... makes you fart butter
    Advice -
    1. Lay off Xenical/Alli
    2. Don't eat Wow! chips.
  • jetsamflotsam
    Options
    LOL Nope, don't even know what that is! You can check out my diary! Just lots of fatty foods...
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    LOL Nope, don't even know what that is! You can check out my diary! Just lots of fatty foods...

Ha ha....I don't know what those things are either! I sometimes have oily spots in my poop....or oily water. But it's usually the morning after eating extra butter.
  • jetsamflotsam
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :D
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Groannnnnn
    :D
  • jaymo602
    jaymo602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have heard some say "never trust a keto fart" does that one make it on a list?
  • jetsamflotsam
    Options
    jaymo602 wrote: »
    I have heard some say "never trust a keto fart" does that one make it on a list?

We need a combo keto-shart work... sharketo? :D

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    <dump>