Just the Basics June: Week 3 (6/16-6/22)

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    New week, here we go!
    This week will be stressful. School is getting out, need to figure out coverage for this week.
    Work won't be happy. I will be doing some juggling for sure. Still, I love to have my baby for the week (14 years old, but still my baby)

This past weekend.
    Logged - yes
    Water - yes
    Sodium - yes.
    No booze - yesterday BBQ party 3 glasses of wine, diluted with water. Friday and Sat were good.
    Calories - yes
    Sleep - Up early - feeling good
    Carbs - I didn't eat the buns on the burgers and dogs! Did have cake tho. arg.
    Exercise -Some walking, not as much as I'd like to have.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Strawberry picking on Saturday has my hammies sore but I still went for a 2 mile hike in the woods yesterday.
    Weekend logging-no
    Water - yes but not enough for the weather
    sodium - no clue
    calories - no clue but I only ate 2 meals each day
    Carbs - couldn't stop eating the strawberries
    Vitamins - no...again
    Activity - lots and it felt great
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2016
    SW 192
    GW 125
    Height 5'3"
    Female age 57

I've been doing keto for 3 weeks. No change at all. No weight loss, no chane in clothes/measurements. And I'm still tired (but functional)

Honestly logged ever day
  • saltysailors
    edited June 2016
    SW 192
    GW 125
    Height 5'3"
    Female age 57

I've been doing keto for 3 weeks. No change at all. No weight loss, no chane in clothes/measurements. And I'm still tired (but functional)

Honestly logged ever day
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Happy Monday everyone! I started in Tuesday and had a good week except for too many nuts last Wednesday. I feel like I finally have macros to the right ratio to eliminate the craving. Seems like 50f 30p and 20c seems to be my magic number. Like a sleep number bed, I don't think there is a one size fits all. I was able to go out to eat twice this week and it and make smart choices, my calories have for the most part been under or close to my goal. I have got in all my water, exercise and logged everything.
  • tshirtartist
    SW: 163 last week (333lb 17 years ago)
    CW: 161
    GW: 133

Not sure if 3 is my lucky number or not but I see a pattern. Also born on the 3rd. Think I will play lotto as it is worth 333 million.
  • saltysailors
    Happy Monday!

SW 192
    GW 125
    Height 5'3"
    Female age 57

I've been doing keto for 3 weeks. No change at all. No weight loss, no change in clothes/measurements. And I'm still tired (but functional)

Honestly logged every day ( but not weighing my food) :smiley:
    Calories at 1400
    Carbs between 25-35
    Moderate protein
    High fat
    Drinking 8 glasses of water everyday
    Eating avocados, eggs, chicken, bacon, cheese
    Eating low carb veges like cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower, green beans, summer squash, etc.
    I did drink a glass of wine every evening...but included it in my carb and calorie count.
    Drink 2cups of coffee daily (used to be 3) with heavy cream and/or coconut oil
    Sleeping 8 hours a night...in bed by 10PM
    Getting plenty (I think) of unofficial exercise through activity of rebuilding a house and doing property clean-up.

This week I will cut out the wine completely and try to lower my calories to 1300, lower my protein and up my fat....without starving....AND, weigh my food so I am sure of the portion sizes :)

I will stick with it for another 3 weeks......then....I just don't know......
    Any help would be appreciated
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    hasn't been a good day today - had way over my carbs, but under my cals - mum and I went out for afternoon into town and ended up in a coffee shop and shared a piece of cake (my favourite) and also ended up eating a sandwich at lunchtime as hadn't organised myself very well - but have done a lot of gardening and walking today which has been good so not going to stress too much and just get back on track tomorrow
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    @kathrout1973, just do a bit of penance for the cake and don't sweat the other. Know for sure you can, and will, do better tomorrow. Show your mum that you really do have it in you to succeed with this. I'm cheering you onward and upward.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Happy Monday!

SW 192
    GW 125
    Height 5'3"
    Female age 57

I've been doing keto for 3 weeks. No change at all. No weight loss, no change in clothes/measurements. And I'm still tired (but functional)

Honestly logged every day ( but not weighing my food) :smiley:
    Calories at 1400
    Carbs between 25-35
    Moderate protein
    High fat
    Drinking 8 glasses of water everyday
    Eating avocados, eggs, chicken, bacon, cheese
    Eating low carb veges like cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower, green beans, summer squash, etc.
    I did drink a glass of wine every evening...but included it in my carb and calorie count.
    Drink 2cups of coffee daily (used to be 3) with heavy cream and/or coconut oil
    Sleeping 8 hours a night...in bed by 10PM
    Getting plenty (I think) of unofficial exercise through activity of rebuilding a house and doing property clean-up.

This week I will cut out the wine completely and try to lower my calories to 1300, lower my protein and up my fat....without starving....AND, weigh my food so I am sure of the portion sizes :)

I will stick with it for another 3 weeks......then....I just don't know......
    Any help would be appreciated

Do measurements and/or progress pics.
    And give the weighing food those 3 weeks. The scale can't hold out forever if we are being consistent.

And speaking of consistency.
    I ain't got any. This weekend was a disaster food-wise.
    I'm done with excuses and half-steppin', though.

1600 cal. 100g carbs. Every day. No dumb excuses, like "it's the weekend, I deserve xyz..." That's a BS lie. And it's over.
    I tipped the scales at 167. Gained 7lb yesterday. Good grief, Jess. You are sad sad sad. nono.gif

• whitneyr137
    whitneyr137 Posts: 31 Member
    Last week was a crazy week at work and had several social occasions too. Yet again drank too much wine at one of said social events which led to eating too much food, but this is a new week!
    I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday which will be right at my 3 month mark since making this lifestyle change. I'm anxious to see what the official doctor scales..last time I was there is when I had my wake up call that things needed to change for good. I was 259.7 pounds, had zero energy, and felt miserable and sorry for myself. Today, I feel much better overall, have more energy than ever, and I'm down 30 pounds. Hoping the doc has positive things to say! :-)

SW: 260
    CW: 229.6 (-3.8 pounds since June 1st)
    GW: 180ish

Goals for the month:
    Carbs less than 100g daily-- went over two days last week (wine night and Saturday) :s
    No more than one drink weekly-- one drink=one bottle? :/ NOPE
    Exercise 45 minutes 5x/week :)
    GW for end of June: 225 :) Still hopeful

Happy Monday!
  • tshirtartist
    edited June 2016
    Bacon slave wrote|
    And speaking of consistency.
    I ain't got any. This weekend was a disaster food-wise.
    I'm done with excuses and half-steppin', though.
    1600 cal. 100g carbs. Every day. No dumb excuses, like "it's the weekend, I deserve xyz..." That's a BS lie. And it's over.
    I tipped the scales at 167. Gained 7lb yesterday. Good grief, Jess. You are sad sad sad.

Been there...done that...and KNOW exactly how you feel. I have come to an important realization this week. If I cut out all carbs except those from vegetables cravings are way more manageable. I have been struggling for so long with craving and not sticking with this way of eating until I cut out nuts, nut butter, potatoes, and fruit! Hard? Yes at first especially the fruit part but It has helped make this doable. My carbs are 60 grams or below and those are NOT net carb. Still working out the kinks but seems to be working so far for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Haven't weighed in a few days. Had more carbs than usual this weekend. Blah.

Today, everything was good:
    Totals 1,347 64 84 86 21 1,943
    Your Daily Goal 1,862 70 124 116 25 5,000
    Remaining 515 6 40 30 3 3,056
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sodium
    *You've earned 512 extra calories from exercise today

Got a decent amount of sleep last night too.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited June 2016
    CW 123.2 Scale unpredictable. Lost over a pound over night. No exercise and inhaled a choc chip cookie in an afternoon weak point.

Life was easier when that cookie was just not seen as food. In trying to sort allergies I needed to broaden what I ate and gave myself permission to see snacks like that as a food /emotional crutch again. Frustrated with lack of non allergen canteen lunch options of boiled egg or boiled egg or you guessed it, boiled egg. Bringing an egg wrap from home today.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    SW: 226
    CW: 200
    GW: 150

June 1: Was 207.6
    June 21: 200.0 Yay!

Goals:
    Log Daily
    96 oz water daily
    10,000 steps per day minimum
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    My meal planning has been less than stellar in the past several days and I'm seeing the results in water retention/scale fluctuation. My stress level at work has gone away so I should see improvement shortly.
    For 6/20/16
    Logged - yes
    Water - yes
    sodium - yes
    calories - under
    carbs - pretty good
    Vitamins - forgot them again!!
    Activity - hand mopped my floors without air conditioning, 87° in the house.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think I forgot to check in last week. Anyhow I have stuck to tracking. Stuck to calories. Stuck to carbs. Gotten at least 4 days of exercise in. I lost .2 last week and today I was rather surprised to see a 1 pound loss. This whole journey I've lost very slowly, almost never more than .5 a week, it's especially slow now that I'm within a few pounds of goal. So the entire pound down is a pleasant surprise.

Even though I totally think the BMI chart is crap I'm pleased to almost be within normal range because I'm so sick of doctors giving me the BMI talk. I'm about 4'11 3/4 so if we bump that up to 5 foot I'm now classified as normal instead of overweight. lol

Since I'm nearing goal I have experimented with adding some yogurt and fruit and some Halo Top ice cream to my daily menu here and there and so far so good. No increased cravings and no stalling. Even though Halo Top claims 4 or 5 net carbs a serving I track the entire carb count and fit that into my daily goal.

I have a visit with my rheumatologist tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about my meds. I feel pretty good right now...still joint pain here and there but it's so much improved. I can lift light weights, run, and hike now so I'm very pleased. The concern is that a couple of weeks ago at the eye doctor he noted that the dose of my medicine is high for someone weighing less than 135. Naturally when I was given the prescription I was over 135. Anyhow he suggested that the doctor would probably half the dose next visit. I'm very concerned that half won't cut it. I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Maybe, just maybe, I'll make my weekly goal by tomorrow. I took my morning walk down to the highway and back up today. And I planned the day's meals so temptation may not rear its ugly head. One more day in this week so let's all buckle down and make it a spectacular finish.

• tshirtartist
    edited June 2016
    Did pretty good this week except last Wednesday and yesterday I got into the nuts and that is never good! Pre-planned my day and hoping to make a comeback today!
    Positives:
    Have drank all my water this week
    Exercised
    Logged my food
    And met my macros everyday.